8: Touch

Anibal slams the book down. "He hasn't come back. He has a clan to lead. He can't just disappear like that."

"Well, he did," Andre said. "And I don't think he will come back for a while, I mean, you all did put a lot on his plate. Of course, he would want to run away. Heck, I would too."

"It best for you to take his place," Alton said. "Temporary, until he comes back."

"Fine," Anibal glared at the book. "I'll fill in for him." Anton better comes back.

Anton helped Bob brush the horses. "So, you want to court my daughter?"

"Yes, sir," Anton had asked him. And he's been waiting for an answer. "I promise my intentions are good. I like your daughter."

"I'll allow it," Bob said. "So long as you respect her. Don't cross the line with her."

"I won't," Anton said even though he has crossed it halfway. "Evelyn is a lovely girl; I would never hurt her."

"I know," Bob smiled. "Now, then, let's finish here." 

Anton was glad that Bob accepted it. Now he can officially court Evelyn. And get to know her better. Smiling, he continued to brush the horses.

"So, he's going to ask our father if he can court you?" Grace asked.

"Yes," Evelyn blushed. 

"He's even better than Jerry," Eliana said. "He asked father first before doing it. Not like Jerry, so ignore our father and went straight to you."

"I am delighted," Grace said. "Anton is a gentleman, his already part of the family. Father seems to like him."

"Yes," Evelyn smiled. "I am pleased about it." 

Evelyn could have never imagined that someone like Anton would look her way and that they want to court her for her and not for her father's property. Anton is everything she had dreamed of her prince, charming. Since Anton is the man, Evelyn chooses and will have to reject Jerry's invitation. Evelyn stood up and went to her room.

Evelyn sat down on her vanity and grabbed a blank paper and some ink. She began to write.

Anton finished up and sat on the wooden bench on the front patio. He drank the water that Eliana gave him.

"Father," Evelyn walked out, holding a letter. "Can you please give place this in the post."

"Yes, of course," Bob grabbed the letter. "Now I should get going; girls hurry up. Are you sure you don't want to come?"

"No," Evelyn smiled. "I have to get dinner ready."

"Alright, " Bob kissed her head. " I'm just glad you won't be alone. Anton, please take care of my daughter while we are gone."

"I will, sir," Anton smile. 

"We will be back shortly if I can find the smith," Bob said. "Grils!"

"We are coming!" Eliana smiled and rushed out, almost tripping over a bucket. "Whoops."

Bob shook his head. They soon headed out.

Evelyn waved at them as they left. She sighed and went back inside to peel some potatoes and carrots.

"Need help?" Anton sat down next to her. 

"Yes," she handed him an extra knife. They began to peel the carrots and potatoes. "It's sweltering today, don't you feel it?"

"No," he literally couldn't since he feels hot all the time because of his body temperature. And he's used to it. "I'm used to it, I do sweat, but I don't feel it. Even during the cold, I can't feel it."