[12]

Back home, I decided to run a few laps to get warmed up before I start making new moves to fight and come up with some tricks using my Quirks.

I lay down my stuff beside my bed, change into my sports attire, grab some music and go back outside. I put on my earphones and tap on play, then I start stretching.

Afterwards, I start jogging around my neighborhood. An hour later, I started getting bored so I decided to jog around town or some place new.

When I was jogging, I came across a neighborhood that seems so familiar to me.

Curious, I jog deeper in until I see two houses that I think I recognize. I stop in my tracks when I realized that one of these houses is mine. The feeling of shock, panic, surprise and sad, all mixed in my emotions.

Then, someone came out of the house beside my old one. The door swings open and reveals the person that is living in that house.

My eyes widen and my mouth open. I gasp in big shock. I mean, it wasn't that surprising since I know he lives here. Or, thought he lives here.

Ugh, I don't know why I'm surprised! Maybe it's because I didn't expect him to come out of that door.

I look at his direction, he closes the door and walks down from the front porch. Then, his grey and blue eyes turn to where I'm standing then widens.

I quickly hide behind my house and gasp for air.

Did he see me? Clearly he did, right? By the look on his face.

Since I was caught up by my thoughts, I didn't realize that he was approaching and now he caught me.

I jump in surprised and accidently bit my tongue hard that I start bleeding.

He grips my wrists so hard that it hurts. He wasn't exactly pinning me up the wall, he just wanted to block my escape so he stood in front of me with both his hands on my sides, still gripping my wrists.

☆Todoroki's POV☆

"That hurts . . ." she whimpers in pain. I didn't realize I was holding onto her that strong so I loosen a bit. Her head is down, her hair is tied in a ponytail but her bangs was a bit messy and covered her eyes. She doesn't struggle.

"Sorry . . ." I trailed off.

What am I doing? Why did I follow her in the first place?

"Shoto . . . Todoroki, right?" she says in a low voice but I can still hear.

"Yeah," I reply. Her head is still looking down. " . . . Kaori Fuji?"

She tenses when I called her by her real name. I let go of her and move my hand up to her cheek. I notice it was wet so I move her head up and her eyes were red as tears stream down.

I felt so bad that I startled her that she thought I was going to do something bad to her. I pull her into a hug and felt glad that she doesn't resist. I began stroking her hair down to her back as I feel her heartbeat on my chest. It was fast at first, then it started to slow down. It felt good that she's calming down in my arms, I smile a little.

Then, she tightly grabs onto the back of my shirt and buries her face in my chest. My face heated up. I then felt wet on my chest and I look down at her. She shudders so I rub her back.

"It's okay to cry. Just let it all out. Things will get better," I say softly, trying to soothe her. I hear her sniff and whimper again. Every tear she drops she would hold onto me tighter and bury herself deeper in my chest. I want to hug her tight too. I want to ask her why she's acting like this. But I keep having negative thoughts.

Whatever. I'll fight back those thoughts.

I wrap my arms around her and stroke her hair again. "Why did you leave me?"

She doesn't answer.

"Kaori?" Even if she doesn't like me calling her real name, it's still her name and reflects who she really is.

"Why did you leave me?"

". . . I didn't . . ." she says in the lowest voice that I couldn't make out what she said.

"What?"

"I didn't!" she almost yelled and made me surprised.

"I didn't! I didn't! I didn't! I DIDN'T!" she bursts but she still hold onto me. I was taken aback of why she raged but I don't want to pressure her so I hug her tighter, hoping she won't hit me or something.

"I didn't leave you! I didn't want to leave you! I . . . I want to stay with you but I was embarrassed. I don't want to show you my bruises. I was ashamed of . . . of myself. I don't want you to pity me. I don't want you to help me. I don't want you to think bad of my mother. I don't!"

Every word she let out surprises me. She already thought this through back then. She already knew if she told me what happened, I would pity her. I would feel bad for her, I would think her mother is horrible and abusive. And I would try to help her by calling the cops.

But how did she survive?

"Kaori? . . . Could I ask you one question?"

She nods, her head is still buried in my chest.

"How did you stop her from hurting you?"

She looks up at me with the most horrified look.