[46]

☆Kaori's POV☆

"Yulia-neechan. You're back?" Yurio opens the door for me. "But the sports festival isn't over, is it? You didn't wait for your results."

I walk in our house with nothing to say. I notice Grandpa isn't home.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

I continue to climb up the stairs to my room to wash off all this sweat and dirt. Suddenly, my wrist is gripped by a strong and warm hand. He tugs me so hard I almost fall onto his chest. How can I forget? Yurio hates being ignored when everyone knows it's not his fault.

"What happened?" I can tell by his voice that he's trying to control his anger. And I surely do not want to make things worse.

"I'm disqualified . . . " I mutter. There is pause.

"You're joking." I look up at his teal eyes and open my mouth to deny but he cut me off.

"Everyone knows it wasn't you. You didn't do anything. You would never do that, wouldn't you?"

Confused, I ask him. "What did you see? On TV? I stabbed my own friend. How is that nothing?" I was tired of being angry and upset. Even the words I let out are breathy.

"Because it wasn't you!! I know for sure!"

I don't deserve him . . .

I don't deserve anyone . . .

Yuri . . . Sho-chan . . . They are all nice people but look at me.

I'm hurting their feelings.

I should've died along with my parents.

I close my eyes and feel a tear trickles down my cheek. "Yuri . ." I open my eyes to look at his blurry image, I blink a few times. "I'm sorry."

"No," he says. "Don't apologize now, you idiot. There's no meaning to it." He doesn't give me time to react when he harshly gripped my wrist. I cry out in pain while he tugs me. He starts speed-walking towards the front door.

"Where are we going?" We have exited our house. I try to pry his hand off of me but either he was too strong or I was too weak.

I ask again, "Where are we--"

"U.A. Stadium," he answers firm and cold.

No surprises there. "But why?"

"To tell the truth of what really happened."

That surprises me. I step firmly on the ground and tug him back to stop the both of us. "And what are you gonna say? I didn't visibly stab Todoroki? Saying that it wasn't me? They won't be convinced."

"We'll never know unless we try." He starts walking ahead of me but I stand on my ground.

"You're sounding like Barbie," I call out.

"This is something you shouldn't make fun of. Besides, I'm a witness. I can make a report. And I'm gonna do it face-to-face with them."

I let out a frustrated sigh as I reluctantly and stupidly follow him. "You're making things more complicated . . . " I mutter lowly to myself. "Why not just accept reality, can't we?"

I wait for him to explain to the judges. I don't want to show my face to them or to anyone so I hid in the girl's bathroom.

I mean, what's the point? The sports festival has officially ended. On my way to the bathroom, I saw the results. Bakugou won, then Todoroki came second and third place is Tokoyami.