[45]

"Hi! Come outside and play!" She grins and waves. "What's your name?" she asks.

"S-Shouto Todoroki."

"Nice to meet you, Todoroki! I'm Kaori Fuji. You can call me Kaori."

.

"We can be the best number one hero together!"

"Let's do that!"

.

"I'm kind of scared of 'controlling minds' quirk. I don't like it."

"Huh? Then, are you . . . scared of me?"

"No! Of course not! I just don't like the Quirk. Not you! I promise. Please don't cry!"

"Oh . . . Well, I won't use it on you 'till eternity! In fact, I won't use any of my Quirk on you!"

"Wait! But what if you have to? What if I became a bad guy and the world needs a hero to stop me?"

"Then, I will use it as little as possible!"

"Why?"

"Because I don't wanna hurt you."

.

How . . . ?

.

"Why do you want to be a hero?"

"Father would be proud of me! He says he wants to see me save lives with a smile on my face! What about you, Sho-chan?"

"I . . . I want to be like All Might. My dad wants me to surpass All Might and be the number one hero."

.

What happened?

.

"I won't let anyone hurt you! I promise I'll protect you! I'll get our revenge on anyone who hurts you!"

"Thanks, but you don't have to. It isn't good to keep a grudge on someone."

"Then, at least, let me protect you!"

.

What happened to our friendship? How can two innocent kids turned into . . . this?

.

"Leave me alone!"

"Wait, Kao-- Y-Yulia! It's just me!"

.

"No."

"Huh?"

"You're not going to continue in the next battle! You need to stay here."

"Eh~? You're ordering me? Or more like, forbidding me."

"You need to rest--"

"What am I? A challenge to you? A person that will get in your way? You want me to stay here so you can get first place so easily. I'm not that weak!"

.

Kaori . . . Is this a new part of you or an old part of you that I've never seen?

.

I heard noises inside a locked shed. It was Kaori's family's shed to keep gardening tools and other old and miscellaneous stuff. I checked it out of curiousity. I unlocked it and a horrible sight lies before me, something I would never think my friend would be in this kind of situation. I am an abused child but her mother had taken this too far.