[35]

A loud explosion was heard.

"A GIANT EXPLOSION NEAR THE ENTRANCE?!! WHY WAS THE BANG SO BIG?! WAS IT HIS PLAN OR SHEER COINCIDENCE?!"

Bakugou, Todoroki and I look behind to see someone flying in the sky.

"CLASS A'S MIDORIYA MOUNTS HIS CHARGE!! . . . USING SHOCK WAVES??!!

Deku?! What the hell?!

"Deku!! Don't you dare go ahead of me!!" yells Bakugou as he uses his quirk to chase after Deku.

Todoroki does the same and uses his ice to skate through. "This isn't the time to worry behind about me."

I follow their lead as I copy Bakugou to give myself a boost as I fly.

"THE THREE IN THE LEAD HAVE STOPPED TRIPPING EACH OTHER UP AND BEGUN TO BOLT AFTER MIDORIYA!"

I notice Deku has fallen off from his board that I believe is one of the robot's piece. What will he do? The three of us are gonna catch up to him if waste his time on landing.

Todoroki and Bakugou are now at Deku's sides while I was a little bit behind Deku. He suddenly did the unexpected. Or that's what I thought.

He quickly turn around, still gripping on the rope that is attached to the piece. He swings the piece in front him, purposely hitting and triggering the landmines! With that, he got himself a boost and lunges straight forward, keeping his first place.

How did he--?! This guy is a fast thinker!

No time to analyse, Bakugou, Todoroki and I ignore the smoke that had appear and chase after the green-haired boy.

Without realizing what is happening around us, we finally see the light at the other end of the tunnel.

"THE MAN WHO HAS RETURNED TO THE STADIUM IN TRIUMPH IS NONE OTHER THAN . . .

"MIDORIYA IZUKU!! HIS WILL BE A NAME TO KNOW!!"

We heard Present Mic announces the winner as Todoroki came in second followed by Bakugou who got third. Then, me in fourth.

As I came out of the closet--I mean-- tunnel, still flying, I bring myself to the grass side so I can plop myself more comfortably. I close my fist, my butterflies disappear so I collapse with a thud, not caring to set myself down properly. I roll a little and came to a stop, lying on my side as I cough out, feeling dizzy from the loss of blood. I pant and cough heavily as I slowly try to open my eyes but it makes matters worse. It was too bright for my liking and I realize my hearing starts to muffle up. Black spots suddenly appear in my blurry vision. Then, my whole body felt numb but I can still feel someone touches my shoulder. The person turns me around so I was lying comfortably, facing up, letting more air inside my body but it didn't give any positive effects on me. I almost couldn't make out the red and white haired male's worried expression. His lips are moving but I couldn't hear a thing.

"Hah . . . Hah . . . Sho- . . ." I breathe out, shakily. Blackness finally took over me.

"Kaori."

"Kaori."

" . . . Father? . . . It's you, right?"

"Correct. And I'm glad you still recognize my voice."

"Of course. Why would I forget?"

"Because if I'm still alive, my voice would probably change into a more old and raspy voice, don't you agree?"

"Heheh! Father . . . Don't say something like that." I hear my voice getting shaky.