[24]

☆Todoroki's POV☆

We were all tired. Exhausted. In need of rest. All Might finally came and some of us fought as well. That damn leader brought a corrupted bird, Noumu. A strong one, too. But luckily, All Might defeated him. It was impressive.

Now it was down for one more thing; to save Kaori.

She was lying on the ground next to the villain, unconcious. But now, he had picked her up. I growled at him for touching her.

"All Might . . .?" Midoriya spoke out of the blue. "Aren't we gonna save her?"

"Of course we are," he answers. He also seems unsure and I know why. The villain can just throw her into the portal first then, continue to fight with us if they want to. And we have no idea where that thing leads to.

It was a tough one.

I couldn't wait anymore. I need to save her. I promised her. And we promised we will never break each other's promises.

But as soon as I took a step forward, All Might stops me.

"Don't! We have no clue what's their next move. It might even be a trap."

I let out a frustrated sigh.

In the end, we had to watch her leave. It was painful. The villain was sucked in the portal and the portal closes and they're gone. Along with Kaori. Gone. No clue on what will happen to her the next time she comes back. They might brainwash her to turn evil. Or even a corrupted human, like that Noumu.

I take whatever is left in me to restrain myself from hitting anything. We won and lost. The heroes. The good guys. This isn't usually how it would end up.

Won the fight but lost someone. It kind of seems pointless.

"We're sorry, Yulia," All Might says, defeatedly.

"Totally! You guys owe me! A lot."

We heard a voice from behind us so we turn around. We gasp as our eyes turn as big as saucers at what we saw.

"Took you long enough to save me, I had to save myself!"

"Yulia!" they yell but I've already ran up to her. I jump in for a hug. Tight that I couldn't let go.

I couldn't let go of her anymore. And I won't. Will never.

I couldn't let go of her because . .