[39]

lol! A 'very proper' introduction of Yurio

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

We made it to the infirmary. During the little walk, we were silent the whole time. Though, I know that Todoroki kept glancing at me but didn't say anything while look at the ground or keep my head straight, avoiding making eye contact with him. No. Avoiding even looking at him.

"Seems like both of you cooperated well enough with each other. Plus, your team won first place. And both of you came here together. I assume the two of you are in good terms or do you just want the shock collars off?" stated Recovery Girl. We convinced her that we're really friends again and proved her by putting an arm around the waist or shoulder. She was alright about it and took the painful collars off our necks.

"Good luck for the final event!"

We left the infirmary but we aren't yet ready to go back to the field since there is still something left we need to settle on. We chose to have the talk at the back of the stadium.

I stand in front of him as I look at him. He had a serious expression. I breathe in, wanting to say something but couldn't let it slip out of my mouth.

"Kaori," he starts. I tense a bit.

Oh, I'm not ready.

"I broke my own pledge . . . " he breathes out finally. I can sense hatred in his voice.

"I know . . . Please don't get it in your way."

"How am I going to just ignore it?" He accidently raised his voice and I startled. He notices my scared expression, so he apologizes immeadiately. "I'm saying, after what just happened, I couldn't forgive myself . . . I hate this . . . I hate myself."

"Me too." He looks up at me but quickly I look down, not wanting to meet his eyes. "I hate myself too . . . But you shouldn't hate yourself. You should hate me instead." I wasn't sure if he heard the last part because I could barely even croak it out. A huge lump has formed in my throat.

"What are you saying? Why should I hate you?" He grips my arms suddenly that made me look up at his mismatched eyes.

Those eyes.

Those intent, beautiful eyes that I love.

To be honest, his blue eye is my favourite.

I guess I am so mesmerized by his eyes that I suddenly slipped out a few words that I shouldn't have said to him. "For once in my life . . . I just want to be good enough."

I almost burst out crying but I keep it in and smiled instead. The most hurtful smile that I'd done in a long time. Fake happiness. That's what I always felt in my life. Even I almost thought that I was born to only feel fake happiness.

"Kaori," he says firmly. "Stop smiling. I don't understand."

"I just thought that if I smile, you'd smile too, like you used to."

"And I thought you only smile if you're really happy. Come on, Kaori. I'm not stupid! You're so easy to read. Like a children's book. Just say that you're smiling right now, is because you don't want to fight."

Silence. And I don't want to break it.

"I'm sorry." I hug him tightly. I thought hugging him would make me burst out crying, would make me feel better.

But it didn't. I don't understand, too.

☆Third POV☆

Meanwhile, at the Plisetsky's house . . .

Yuratchka, brother of Yulia, sat on the couch in front of the TV, watching the U.A. Sports Festival, which is now showing the commercials.

During the first two events, he couldn't stop himself from cheering loudly for his sister. He tried his best to keep quiet but the thought of it had slip by and he forgot.

'Grandpa would've sit next to me as we watch Yulia-neechan on TV if he's here right now,' Yuri thought as he scrolls through pictures of the whole family in his phone, but the recent pictures only had the two siblings. 'We could've cheered for her even though we're not there for her. . . like how she's always there for me.'

He sighs deeply, reminding himself of the biggest events and memories he had, including the sad and happy, his competitions, almost everything has his sister in it. Not a single one of his memories doesn't has Yulia standing by his side.

"Yulia!" He groans her name loudly as he threw his head back. His tone changed into sad again. "Don't leave me like everyone did."

"ALRIGHT, EVERYONE!! IT'S THE FINAL EVENT!

"FROM FOUR TEAMS, 16 INDIVIDUALS HAVE MADE IT THROUGH! IT'S THE TOURNAMENT!!

"WE'RE PITTING THEM AGAINST EACH OTHER IN ONE-ON-ONE COMBAT!!!"

To be continued . . .

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Sorry for short chapter, guys!

-Kryannoy