CHAPTER 10

" Mother! I don't know what herbs to collect from there, and besides it's too dangerous, I don't want to get bitten by a snake, there are deadly snakes in there! ". Miranda whined.

        " You have to do this child. If you get bitten by a snake, you'll mix an antidote in records time. I know you.
Latisha is a very difficult woman and for her to agree to teach you, you should grab that opportunity with both hands and be grateful ".

Miranda smiled softly. " Mother I know, but don't you care about my wellbeing at all? That woman is not okay in the head, only a mad person can give such an absurd quest."

Maria sighed. "I care for you more than you can ever imagine, but you need to do this. Just last week you were excited and wanted to be a healer, now where did all that excitement go young lady?".

" Don't tease me mother.  I'll do it. I'll go to the mangroves immediately I finish baking the bread, and making the stew."

Maria had returned to her unfinished basket. "Do whatever you want. But don't leave this house once it is nightfall".

" okay Mama ". Miranda replied as she walked towards the kitchen.

One hour later,

"Oh my!" Miranda screamed as she saw a green snake slithering past her. She hated coming here, but she knew she had to show Latisha, that she was strong.
  Moving slowly and carefully, she collected leafs. She didn't know what some of them were meant for but she was going to try her best in discovering them.

    By the time she was done,the sun was setting. She hurriedly retraced her footsteps, and soon, found the familiar road that led her here. She held her basket tight as she began to mix the herbs in her head.

Three weeks later, Miranda had outsmarted all the older students. She knew how to stop fevers, bleeding, stomach pains, vomiting, heal any broken part of the body.
Latisha was amazed, she hadn't seen anything like this. Sometimes She'll hide and watch Miranda mix her herbs,but she couldn't find any extraordinary extract that had made her work exceptional. 

Latisha knew she was treading in deep waters, but she was determined to use Miranda for her own benefit for as long as she wanted.
When the time comes, She'll do what she needed to do to keep her title.
She had it all planned out from the very first day Maria had come to see her.
In the end Miranda would suffer so much,she'll regret the day she took interest in herbs.

Thanks for reading!
Please remember to vote👍
And drop👇 your comments.
I appreciate you all.👏
😘