CHAPTER 38

After a week of having a blissful family reunion  Miranda invited Henrietta, John and Belinda over. Henrietta almost turned down the request but because of Miranda pleas she agreed.

The guest arrived and they were welcomed, Lady Charlotte smiled and even acknowledged Henrietta.

When the meal have been served and everyone was filled to the brim, Lady Charlotte broke the news.

"Everyone seated at the table, I present to you my long lost daughter Miranda!"

Henrietta was ecstatic as she hugged her niece for a long time. Belinda smile widened and she hugged her nanny now turned cousin tight. John was the last to make a comment, he looked closely at Miranda then he said.

"Turns out we are family after all Miranda, welcome to the family once again."

The drinking and merriment continued as lady Charlotte gave them the detail of what happened.

***

      When all seem quiet in the house Lady Charlotte approached Henrietta who was standing at the balcony. "I know you are there Charlotte, you should be sleeping peacefully now that you've found your daughter, why then are you awake?"

Charlotte shook her he'd dramatically even though she knew that Henrietta couldn't see her. "I am here to talk about us, and give reasons why we should put the past behind us."

Henrietta drew her cloth closer to her body, she suddenly felt cold,  Charlotte continued. "We have a new addition to the family now and she would need support from  us both, if we keep on fighting and disagreeing she would be caught in the crossfire."

Henrietta took a deep breath, "I agree with you, she's our responsibility now and we need to set aside our differences. My brother would have wanted that of me."

She turned eyes unseeing and said.

"Let's bury the hatchet Charlotte, but mind you, I am doing this for the sake of my niece."

                                    ***

        It had   been three weeks since anyone talked about Maria, that morning the family all sat down and Miranda was the center of attention.

She told them how life in Ponti had been and how Maria had been a good mother to her even if she had lied.

Maria had taught her a lot and she would forever be grateful to her. As she was talking , Maria entered the room quietly.

   Lady Charlotte looked at the woman who had made her cry, made her sleepless and depressed. "Maria, I would say, so nice to meet you but this isn't the case."

  Maria bowed her head and spoke softly. "I do understand your anger my lady and I have come to apologise to you and every member of this family that I have hurt."

Miranda moved to her side and hugged her, then she whispered. "You did what you felt was right at that time mother, you saved my life and I am grateful for that. We all have forgiven you so don't fret."

With tears in her eyes she thanked them for accepting her, everyone hugged her as a sign of forgiveness, even lady Charlotte although she was hesitant.

That night Maria fled from Navaria, she needed to start again and this time she was going to do the right things.

....

Thanks for reading!
Please remember to vote👍
And drop👇 your comments.
I appreciate you all.👏