CHAPTER 35

After she finished with Lord Christopher she monitored him for an hour and when she saw that everything was going fine she picked up her little bag and headed for the dungeon. The road that led there was dark and depressing, she wondered why someone as kindhearted as lady Charlotte would keep a human being in such a place, nobody deserves to live like this no matter the graveness of their crimes.

She mounted the steps and descended lower into the darkness, as she felt like going back because of how edgy she was then  she sighted a guard standing just outside a gate, approaching him she informed him of her purpose here and he opened the gate without further questions.

She thought she had seen worse, but this place was hell on earth, it reeked of urine and the stench got her clutching her nose together unintentionally. She found a somewhat clean spot and deposited her herbs there, she began to mix them diligently. She wanted every person here to feel healthy even if the effect of the herb  wouldn't last a week, the place was just too dirty and unkept!

After twenty minutes she began to move from one holding cell to another, some men called her stinky names, other shouted that she should; come closer and they would show her how to have a good time". She ignored them all and made her way deeper into the place, she was determined.

On reaching a particular cell the place looked a little clean and it wasn't smelly like the others she had passed, she craned her neck to see the occupant of the cell but the woman was facing the wall, she let her hands knock the gate but the woman inside didn't budge. Miranda was getting anxious so she called out the the woman.
" Hello lady, please turn towards this direction, I don't have all day come forward and take your herb, it will make you feel better, I promise you."

Maria Gonzalo froze at the voice she just heard. She didn't know what to feel, she smiled a little then tears sprang from both her eyes. Turning slowly she saw who she thought she would never again. Miranda was just as shocked as Maria, she stuttered as she tried to talk . "Mother? Wh...at are you do..ing here in this filthy place!"

Maria couldn't control herself, the tears just kept coming, Miranda quickly reached for her hands and squeezed them, "I am going to get you out of here, I trust lady Charlotte will be so kind and let you out."
Maria tried to talk but Miranda was already out of the door. She slid down and prayed that Miranda forgave her, then she counted the minutes.

Thanks for reading!
Please remember to vote👍
And drop👇 your comments.
I appreciate you all.👏