CHAPTER 13

Hope...

           Raphael's trusted source reached Navria three days later. Charlotte had asked her servants to attend to them discreetly. After they have had their rest,Charlotte asked Raphael to bring them into her office.

Sitting in her study she backed the door as the source sat in the opposite chair. Charlotte folded her hands and said. "Good afternoon whoever you are".

" Good day to you too".
The gruff voice that came from behind her,startled Charlotte a little.

"I trust you're well rested, and ready for my questions".

" yes,I can provide you with useful information. I know I'm not suppose to ask you this,but what would you need her for".

Charlotte moved to the window and placed her hand softly on the plane. "What I need the information for,is none of your business. I trust you know where you are?"

"I'm sorry for been too inquisitive."

"Well I guess that's what you're best at".

" I do mind my business almost all the time."

"Good, I do not want any part of this meeting getting into another ear".

" I'll do well to remember that".

Charlotte closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. It was time for her to find out the truth. "Tell me, I'll like to know how you knew Maria Gonzalo"

"Maria is a very successful woman,a good number of people know her."

Charlotte interest was piqued, she moved slightly to her left. "What made her so successful, if I may ask.".

" Maria is a good Craft's woman,one of the best I've ever seen."

On hearing that Charlotte restrained herself from facing the voice behind her. "What do you mean by crafts woman?"

"She was very good at making baskets, and beautiful ones too."

"Hmmm,are you sure of this?"

"Yes"

"So is she married?"

"No,she had stayed single and had raised her only daughter herself."

Charlotte frowned a little. So Maria had the effrontery to keep her away from her child for this long.

"What does her daughter look like?"

The man smiled. "She has dark chestnut hair, just like yours and beautiful green eye"

Charlotte's eyes widened in recognition. Those eyes and hair. Was really her little one.? "You said she is pretty?"

"She's stunning".

" does she wear jewelries? " Charlotte asked hopefully.

"None that I've seen her with". The man replied.

Charlotte's excitement died down a notch. " That's all the questions I have for you, when you return to your room,I'll send Raphael to you".

"Its was a pleasure doing business with you".

Charlotte didn't reply.
She heard the door close behind her, turning quietly, she sat on her chair. So it was true. Her daughter had been in Ponti all these time.
Getting her strength back she went back to her room, a little smile playing on her lips.

The next day, the man returned to Ponti with a bag full of gold.

Thanks for reading!

Please remember to vote👍
And drop👇 your comments.
I appreciate you all.👏
😘