CHAPTER 14

Miranda was like an eagle soaring in the wind. Everyday she made new discoveries and gradually news began to spread that another Latisha was blooming.
Latisha smiled at all the comments but  her heart was hard as stone. Nobody compares to her.

    Miranda,treated every patient that came to Latisha's domain, not because she wanted to, but because the patients had admitted that, they felt more safe in her hands.
The other girls grew jealous overtime, but none could confront her,because of the golden rule.
One particular girl stood out from the others. She would always look at Miranda admiring as she worked. Her name was Lucy.

  Lucy was a smallish blonde ,with big blue eyes that made her eyes,look too big for her face.

One morning , Miranda was cleaning a cut that a man had incurred by sheer foolishness, when Lucy had sat beside her,and help her cover the cut. After that day the two became inseparable.

They fetched herbs together and talked about everything. Lucy had revealed to her that she was not from Ponti, but had grown up here because her mother had moved after her father, ran away from home.
Miranda didn't have much to tell her. The little she knew was all she could share.

Lucy was watering the locally grown herbs in Lady Latisha's garden,when Isabel, one of the girls in training had approached and addressed her rather saucily. "So I see you and Miranda are now buddies".

" what do you want Isabel? "

   "I don't want anything from you Lucy, you've got nothing to offer."

  "Then stay away from me you pest!"

   "Oh-ooh, am I making you anxious? Don't worry Darling, I won't bite". She made an extra exaggeration by biting her teeth.

Lucy looked at her, with eyes full of amusement. " I'm not scared of you, you silly girl".

"Of course, you wouldn't. Why should you,when your friends a witch!". Isabel snapped.

Lucy had made a move to hit her,when Latisha called from inside.
" you two,come inside this minute! "

They had both walked in with their faces down. Latisha  made a rule that no one should exchange angry words with another. She had elaborated, that as a healer one should talk less and worked more.
The punishment for this act was twenty lashing, before an audience.

Thanks for reading!
Please remember to vote👍
And drop👇 your comments.
I appreciate you all.👏
😘