CHAPTER 28

The different bodies clustered together made Miranda dizzy, she pushed through the mass of people as she tried to find  a place to stay for a while, it was indeed a strange place with strange people.
When she remembered the stories she had heard about Navria, she wondered why anyone would want to come here, it was stripped of off the beauty of nature and it looked uneventful.

Pushing the disturbing thought out of her mind, Miranda finally noticed the little inn at the end of a shabby street. She clambered over excitedly, as she knocked at the door, a wrinkling old woman appeared and poked her head out just a bit. "How may I help you, young woman?" The woman asked with her mouth open, exposing brown cracked teeth.

Miranda's smile fell from her lips immediately she met the woman's unfriendly gaze.
"Good morning madam. My name is Miranda and I'm new in town, I am in search of an inn to stay  for a while. Do you have any room available please?"

The woman looked at her from the dirty tips of her shoes to her uncombed hair. "I'm sorry young woman, but we don't have anymore rooms please go away."  She moved to push the door close, but Miranda stopped her.

"Please I beg you, if you can be of help, I will be forever grateful. I have no where to go."
She deep  her hand into her side pocket in a frenzy and fetched out a handful of coins, "look I have enough money to pay for the room, don't be discouraged by my torn dress."

The woman with pity in her eyes, shook her head slowly.
"I can't help you, be on your way, I can't risk the lives of people in here. If you say you just came into town then its possible that you've been infected already."

Miranda looked at the woman with uncertainty and  wonder, she raised her hand to call the woman's attention, but the door was already closed. What does she mean by  infected already?

She faced the opposite direction and started the walk aimlessly around. Seeing a fruit vendor she approached the woman's table and purchased a few Apples and grapes, she decided that she'd eat them first then think of what to do next.
The woman handed her the bag of fruits and she thanked her as she placed a few coins on her palm. She brought the shimmering juicy apple to her lips, and took a hearty bite.

From across the street a loud wail was heard, Miranda looked at the direction in which the voice was coming from, a little girl was sprawled out on the floor and there appeared to be a cut on her knee. She dashed to the child's side who was bleeding profusely.

Miranda scanned the place looking for no one in particular, she turned to face the crying child, "Who's your mother?" As soon as she asked, an elegant looking man ran out of the tailor shop from across the street.
He appeared at the child's side in no time, his face was contoured in anger,  "Belinda! Why in God's name did you leave the store?" He bellowed.

Miranda looked at the man discreetly, he wore a white shirt and dark pants, he looked very handsome. She blushed and   stood up from her sprawled out position on the floor. Her movement drew John Walker's  attention to her, he took one look at the girl, she looked terrible, he attempted to act nice.  "And who are you?" He asked with a nice smile, showing his perfect teeth.

From that moment Miranda knew her life was going to change forever..

Thanks for reading!
Please remember to vote👍
And drop👇 your comments.
I appreciate you all.👏