CHAPTER 37

Miranda was hurting, she felt betrayed but she didn't let that consume her, she checked on Lord Christopher everyday till the man could sit, eat and walk around without aid.

She was absorbed in her work and didn't pay anyone any mind but she knew that she had to talk to her mother, the woman was hurting more than she was.

    That noon she visited her biological mother in her chamber, Lady Charlotte wasn't expecting her and the surprise was a good one.

They talked about everything and anything, Miranda felt the connection and so did Charlotte. Lady Charlotte told her about her father , how they met, fell In love and started a family and finally how he died. Miranda wept a little but held her mother tight.

    Miranda refused to talk about Maria it was a topic she didn't want to touch just yet, she didn't trust herself to make the right decision. Lady Charlotte knew better than to bring it up, all she wanted was to hold her child.

                                      ***

Magnus sat in his lair and all be could think of was the gentle face of  Cara, Augustus daughter. She was so young and tender and he wanted to have her. He wobbled down to her little room where she slept every night, he opened the door and Saw her sleeping form.

The candles were shinning bright and she looked so beautiful, Magnus undid his pants and crawled over her. Cara felt the bed dip and held her breath, she didn't know who was in her room but the twelve year old knew that the intruder wasn't here for a chat.

   She let him settle on the bed and as he played with her hair she summoned courage and Jumped out of the bed, as she did she threw the covers on him and  in the process knocked down the candles.  The beddings immediately caught fire and she ran out of the room while locking  the door behind her.

Magnus screamed and shouted for help but no one came running because he had given them orders not to disturb.

His  charred body was discovered under the debris, little Cara was searched for, but never found.

Thanks for reading!
Please remember to vote👍
And drop👇 your comments.
I appreciate you all.👏