CHAPTER 1: "Can't I stay for any longer?"

Ira

California

I place the last pair of neatly folded garments into my bag and take a sigh of relief. It's been amazing seven years. Sitting on my bed, I quietly observe the room around me before I hear my room door click open. Turning my head to the side to see Shanaya, my best friend walking in the room with a box in her hands. Beaming at me, she comes and sits down next me.

"What's that?" I glance towards the box as she smiles that pretty smile of hers once again.

"Chocolates." She begins to pack it in the same bag I was packing my things into a few minutes ago and I knit my brows in confusion.

"Isn't that box too big for me? I can't eat all that."

She stifles a quiet laugh, before giving me a small nudge.

"It's for you to take to New York for your parents and that handsome brother of yours." She giggles.

"I'll let Nathan know that you called him good looking but thanks for the chocolates anyway." I wiggle my eyebrows.

She greets me with a frown.

"Don't you dare tell him anything! You know it's not like that and for God's sake, he's already taken so stop with teasing me." She warns, rolling her eyes and I stifle another giggle. She continues to shoot daggers at me.

I instantly stop and wrap my arm around her shoulder.

"Okay, I'll stop but to be frank Nathan would be amused if I tell him that you like him." I bite my lips together, trying to hide my smile as she immediately springs out of the bed.

"What's up with you, Ira? You know that your brother's getting married to someone else and here you're still persistent at being the matchmaker?" Naya drawls, shaking her head in annoyance. "And what's up with everyone thinking that I like Nathan? I mean we don't even know each other properly," She argues.

I stare at her in silence, unable to figure out why the hell have I been so damn persistent at matching her with my brother. She's right. What kind of a sister am I? After knowing that my brother's marriage has been decided with someone, then why am I dying to see Naya with Nathan?

"You do know the only reason I know him is because he comes to see you here every few months." She says, interrupting my trail of thoughts.

I look at her give her a faint nod.

"And I dare you to tell him that I like him and the next thing you know is that I've blocked you from every social media account." She threatens causing me to burst out in fits of laughter. She Shooting me another scowl, she staggers to the window.

I stop laughing right away and look up at her. at all.

"Okay, I won't tell him anything but if this is something you really feel strongly about then you should tell him." I earnestly say as she shakes her head side to side before letting out another sigh.

"You're impossible, Ira. There's no point in trying to change your mind." I decide to stay quiet at that point. I can't say anything to Nathan, if she's really feeling seriously about him then this is something that she needs to do on her own.

----------

Samaara

Vancouver

"Okay everyone listen up," Mr Sutton claps his hands, calling everyone to surround in. We all leave our work stations and come to stand around him to hear what he needed to say.