CHAPTER 12: "What? How come I never knew about this?"

New York, Nine O'clock Night:

Ira

Today is my college friend's birthday and I found out yesterday that she's apparently in New York and throwing a huge party for everyone. The party is today, in fact in just a couple of hours. It's in this random hotel which is pretty far from where I live. It's like about fifty kilometres away from home and is on the other side of New York. But, I'm not going to miss out on seeing her just because it's far from here. Of course not.

"Ira, can you just have a look at my university papers and," I heard Sia's voice nearing my room and then she immediately appeared on my room's door. I turned to look at her in confusion when she stared at me in an awe.

"Wooh! Look at you." Her eyes trailed on me from top to bottom and then she did that again causing me to frown.

"What's wrong with this now?" I asked folding my arms. There was nothing wrong in me wearing an off-shoulder crop top with a mini skirt and heels.

"There's nothing wrong

"There's nothing wrong. You look blazing in fact, Ira. I mean look at you dude. What's up with this change?" She asked causing me to chuckle.

"There is no change done here Sia. I used to wear these types of clothes even back in California. It's just that this is the first time I'm wearing such outfit in New York." I shrugged as she shook her head, her face still amused.

"You're looking at me as if you wouldn't wear a mini skirt. Come on Sia."

"Are you serious? I have three brothers at home who wouldn't let me step out in such clothes. I mean dresses and crop top are fine but crop top with a skirt and that too, this short. Nah." I let out a chuckle as she diverted her attention over to my heels.

"And then heels on top of that, to make your skirt look even shorter." She's too funny man.

"It's called fashion. I mean come on I'm going to a party after all. My evening would be incomplete without these."

"Yeah right. If Nathan sees you in this, God save you. That's all I can say." She shook her head causing me to smile.

Of course Nathan won't see me.