CHAPTER 13: "I think there is a problem in the company's security system."

New York; Quarter to Ten at Night:

Ira

How could I be so stupid and forget my phone at home?

"Aah! And why did I have to rush from home in such a hurry!"

"Definitely because you were trying to get away from home as quickly as possible before Mom could stop you, Ira." I stepped out of the car, slamming the car door.

Ugh.

"Great! I'm even talking to myself now." I kicked the door in frustration again, only to feel the burning sensation from the door immediately bouncing back to my foot. And I instantly felt the pain on my ankle. It increased so much in just a few mere of seconds. I hardly even could feel my toe, it felt so numb. I swear I acted like a stupid just then.

"What's wrong with me, God?" I exhaled deeply as I held onto my foot with one hand, in an attempt to reduce the pain. I seriously feel like I've twisted my foot.

And this car, this stupid car only had to break down today. Out of all times, just today. Just when I decided to drive. Just when I decided to leave my phone at home. Aaah!

I glanced down to have a better look at my ankle when I noticed that the heel of my sandal felt unsteady. Oh God. I even broke my heels now! This day couldn't have been better.

I examined them properly and I think they were okay to survive in just for right now as I don't have anything else to wear on my feet and there's NO WAY I'm walking bare feet. No way on the earth!

* * * * *

About fifteen minutes later, once my ankle started feeling a little better, I decided to step down of the car again so I could look for someone to give me a lift.

Also, did I tell you that the road which I've been stuck on from the past twenty minutes is actually a road which goes through a jungle and right now, I was there, on the road which was surrounded by nothing but long scary trees and the screeches of the crickets. All alone. There was nothing at all - No cars, no bikes, no people, nothing.

(Something like this but at night)

I let out a chuckle at my very own thought of finding a lift on this secluded route

Who's going to drive from this route anyway? This was like a long ten kilometre road and no houses or anything was around and it was far, far from the city.

I really should have thought of the outcomes before speeding out like that.

I started making my way forward to see if I find someone just in case if I turned out to be lucky.

It's really strange how a single mistake can make a person regret everything just the way I am right now - regretting leaving the house, regretting not taking the driver with me who actually could have a solution to this problem.