CHAPTER 10: "I'm just an employee here."

New York, Half past Eight in the morning: 9th January 2018

Samaara Varma

I felt an ache in my head as I fluttered my eyes before adjusting them to the brightness.

It took time for me to fine-tune to the surrounding. The place around me looked like a recreation room or something as such that I think the company had.

That's when it reminded me that I was still in the Malhotra INC. The clicks from the flashback ran through my mind of what happened just sometime ago.

"Are you alright?" A light voice caused me to jump out of my thoughts. I immediately leaned forward in my chair and that's when I realised that I was reclined back in a seat. I shifted my gaze towards the girl who asked me whether I was okay as she smiled at me.

"Relax. I'm just an employee here. Mr Reed," she paused and smiled. "Uh our HR Manager told me that you fainted inside the elevator?" Her question made me revert back to think what happened in the elevator. I didn't even notice when I fainted. I was so panicked.

"How did Mr Reed find me? I mean I don't know-"

"He was obviously waiting for the elevator and when it reached the 65th floor, you were laying there, probably fainted." She shrugged as I nodded.

"He learned from your file that you're name is Samaara, correct?" I simply nodded.

"Well, Samaara. He did ask me to lead you to his office as soon as you came conscious so if you're feeling alright now, should we go?" She asked as I nodded, again. I couldn't bring myself up to speak too much after what happened in the elevator. My mind was just questioning me again and again of how I will get down these floors after meeting Mr Reed?

"Mr Reed is a sweet man so you don't need to freak out, relax." Her statement really made me relax a bit. I diverted my mind from constant questions which were running through my mind and looked around to observe more of the building and how it was set out on this 65th floor.

It was amazing.

As we reached the place where Mr Reed's office was, I couldn't help but stare at the beautiful sitting area just outside.

There was also a conference room on one side of the floor that I only noticed due to its two wide doors being open. The room indeed looked very professional and classy. We walked past it and made our way over to Mr Reed's office.

The girl tapped on his office door before we waited to get an answer

"Come in!" An excited voice exclaimed from inside. He sounds nice. The girl pushed the door in and entered first, leaving space for me to enter after her before she left the door to close by itself.