CHAPTER 7: "Right. I wasn't expecting this."

New York, Nine in the morning: 8th January 2018

Samaara Varma

I still can't digest the fact that I took a big step of moving away from Vancouver. It may be a something small for some people but for me, it indeed is a huge thing. Especially because it involves HIM. I hope he doesn't find out where I am otherwise I don't know what will happen - I don't know what else I would have to go through.

However, there are a few things which makes me glad and happy about moving to New York. First, a hope that Mom's health will get much better and the second, Ira. I haven't seen her for very long and I'll finally get to spend enough time with her now. I'm going to meet her in about ten minutes, in fact.

Smiling at the thought of seeing her, I reached the café where she'd told me to meet.

Lucid Star

Thank God it was closer to the hospital otherwise, I would have to come by a taxi which would cost me a loss on a quarter of my savings.

As I stepped inside through the fancy door of the place, I suddenly felt out of place. I felt as if I should immediately run away from there. Everyone around here looked rich and stylish in their expensive dresses and blazers and I was literally wearing a simple casual peach orange dress - this place is not for me.

It's not that I can't digest the fact that I can't afford lot of things in this world because I've already digested that fact from way before

It's not that I can't digest the fact that I can't afford lot of things in this world because I've already digested that fact from way before. It's the truth. I don't have anything. I don't have style. I don't have a standard. At least lot of peoples' opinions say this. And so the same thing today, standing here in this cafe, I felt it - I don't have even a 1% standard in front of these wealthy stylist people.

The atmosphere around here made me suddenly feel out of place and also the centre of distraction. I already noticed some people gazing at me as if I've done a crime by entering this cafe.

Oh God Ira. Why did you have to call me here?

I gulped at the gazes of the unknowns. I am never really the one for everyone to turn around and look at and the stares of the strangers was making me nervous.

I decided to turn around to observe the interior of the café instead. And honestly, it looked entirely like a sevens star café. In fact, it was a sevens star. I don't know why Ira had to book an expensive café. I don't even know what just an one cup of coffee would even cost here.

Just as I turned to observe the interior further, I saw the glass door of the place slide open.

The overwhelming happiness rushed through me as soon as I spotted Ira ambling inside this uptown, opulent building. And before I could rush my way over to her, I noticed her already striding towards me. Excitement and happiness was what I could see clearly on her face. And I couldn't help but breath in this happiness. The happiness of this moment. The happiness of seeing her after very long. The happiness of finally seeing her right in front of me, merely any inches away after long, long time. And. She looked exactly the same. No change. That's the good thing about her. She didn't like changes and neither she liked to change herself - the reason for her to be as exactly as before, unlike me.