CHAPTER 4: "You haven't changed, Ira. Exactly the same."

New York 7 O'clock in the evening: 6th January 2018

Ira D'souza

After we enjoyed drinking our hot coffees, I handed Siya a pair of my long-sleeve dark blue T-shirt and a pair of denim jeans and that seemed to warm her up. Then, we started heading our way down to the living room to wait for the rest of the Malhotra family to arrive.

As we walked down the stairs, we already saw the Malhotras' standing at the main door in front of us as our parents greeted them with their beautiful smiles. My thought was interrupted seeing Nathan and Ahan already making their way towards the front. They already seemed busy chatting away with Niam.

Niam is Ahan's older brother. He looked a little less stressed then when I last met him four years ago when I came to New York for holidays. Although it's really weird for me to notice that but I can't help but think. The stress is probably reduced because he got married. I let out a chuckle on this genius thought of mine.

Well, may be it is true that getting married reduces stress because then one probably has someone who they can share their matters with. In this case for Niam, it's Aisha, his wife. Aisha is so beautiful both from outside but also from inside and she and Niam make a really beautiful pair. A smile crept up on my face thinking about them as I turned to see Aisha talking to Siya.

Wait.

When did Siya get there? Ugh, may be I was just too lost in deep thoughts that I didn't even notice her leaving.

A smile covered my face as I saw everyone already turning to look at me, noticing me getting closer.

"Ira."

I placed a small genuine smile on my face and made my way over to Mom as she lead me to Ishita aunty, Ahan and the rest of the Malhotra siblings' Mom. I called her aunty as I know her from ever since I was born and she's like a family.

"Look at you, Ira." She gasped in an amusement, attracting all of our attention.

"You've become even more beautiful then before." She exclaimed causing all of us to chuckle as she pulled me in for a warm hug. She's a sweetheart. Always so lovely and kind.

"That should be my compliment for you, aunty. You seem to only get younger." I said breaking away as she let out a chuckle, too.

"You're nothing like Nathan, Ira. I thought when you come back after so many years then you will also turn out to be quite shy like your brother," she paused taking a glance towards Nathan for a second as Nathan let out a chuckle.

"Your brother is so quiet that I'm worried but curious to know that who will rule in between Nathan and Siya after they get married as both of them are on the same level, awfully shy and quiet." She shook her head as I stole a quick glance towards Siya and Nathan to see both of them now looking away, pretending that nothing had been said about them. Nathan didn't seemed to be bothered but when I glanced towards Siya, I noticed her blushing.

"Okay Ishita. I think if you say anything more then I guess Siya will have to run from here, look at her cheeks." Uncle Divit interrupted causing Siya to immediately look up at him in a surprise.

"Dad." Uncle Divit turned to look at her with a chuckle as she frowned at him. I glanced at Nathan to also see him chuckling at uncle Divit's comment.