CHAPTER 36: "It's a Mocktail Not a Cocktail, Samaara."

Samaara

Reed confidently places his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him, making me extremely uneasy in his presence. My hands suddenly fly out to hold his shoulders to maintain the distance between us as he starts rubbing his hands up and down on my waist, making me uncomfortable in his arms. Sensing the inappropriate way he'd started touching me, I instantly try to push him off me but his hands are too strong and in the crowd, no one can notice how he's forcing me to dance with him now. He pulls me even closer noticing me fidgeting in his arms.

"Come on, sweetheart. One dance won't make the lovely wife any less purer for her husband." His words makes my cheeks go red in shyness, yet disgustingly as he continues to move my body in his arms. The past feelings suddenly start coming rushing in my mind as I remember all those times Roshan had tried to force himself onto me and my eyes starts glistening with unshed tears. I can't seem to stop myself from pushing him even more and fidgeting in nervousness of what this man was capable of doing.

Oh no, not again. This can't be happening again.

"Let me go, please." Images of Roshan forcing me towards him starts flashing in my mind and I start struggling more as he continues to bring me closer and closer to him. "Please, leave me." I can't help but sound desperate and all he seems to do is smirk further.

"Come on, we all know you're not the goody-too-shoes that you seem to be, after all how the hell did you trap Ahan Malhotra in to this wedding," he remarks. And I can't help but feel even bad for being with Ahan then I already did. Was I really that unworthy of him? Was I really a rubbish that he'd picked up from the road? "I'm sure you must be amazing in be-"

"I dare you to finish that line." Ahan's stern voice cuts sharply through the atmosphere and towards Reed. His raging eyes fix onto Reed before they shift onto me, softening upon falling on to me. I turn to look at Reed to see that his face has immediately gone blank in bewilderment. My eyes snap to Ahan, pleading at him to get me out of this bastard's arms. Ahan's piercing gaze cuts through Reed as he immediately leaves me and I stumble back into Ahan's arms. He immediately steadies me, wrapping his arms around my waist, before sharply snapping his burning gaze back on to Reed. "If you lay a hand on Samaara ever again after this, I won't be responsible for beating the shit out of you." Ahan's calm yet assertive tone cuts through, leaving Reed as well as me speechless. I'd never heard his tone this sharp even before. Reed's mysterious gaze changes from bombshell to a smirk as he stares at Ahan with the same intensity. Ahan gently removes his arms from around me and steps in front of me to stand tall in front of Reed who was a good 2 feet shorter than Ahan, yet, his amusement and confident behaviour was equal to his.

"I wasn't wrong, was I, Ahan?" Reed starts to question in amusement. "You seem to like this girl alot, it seems. Let me remind you, you never have fallen for any girl before. But girls have fallen for you, alot of them actually. Some even successful and more gorgeous than her," Ahan's jaw ticks down in anger as I stare at his clenched fist on the side. "Including that hot friend of yours, what was her name again?" My eyes roam around to see a few people had taken interest in the heated discussion that was going on between Ahan and Reed. "Aah, Priya," he lets out a chuckle. "I wonder why you chose Samara then." He gives me an amusing look before shifting his eyes back onto Ahan. I could see Ahan's patience slipping out of his hands every pitching second and if Reed didn't stop his taunting opinions, I was sure this wedding party was going to turn into a havoc. "I'm sure she's amazing in bed, that's why you married her, right?" Ahan's anger snaps as soon as those cruel words leaves from Reed's lips and before I can stop him, Ahan's arm immediately raises to throw a punch at Reed. Suddenly, a hand immediately gets hold of Ahan's arm before he could hit Reed and add fuel into the fire that was already there in this party. My eyes immediately snap behind to see Nathan standing there, his eyes holding the same fury that Ahan's eyes did for Reed but he tried to stop Ahan from doing something which he would regret later on.