CHAPTER 30: "She's a Responsibility Because She's Now My Wife."

Samaara

"Samaara." A voice recalls, awaking me a little from my deep slumber. But it felt as if I'd not slept from so long so I stayed glued to my place. I didn't want to wake up, it was nice as it was. 

"Samaara." The second time, I instantly realise who the voice belonged to it and my eyes immediately snap open. Ahan's voice brings me back to the moment. As my eyes meet those, brown, earthy blinder, it gets me lost in their beautiful, yet intense colour. They were a shade of sweet chocolate. But this chocolate was the one that grew hard every time the cold harsh reality  became apparent in between us. I have noticed that.

That's when I instantly come to the significant realisation of the huge reality ahead of me. Ahead of us. I suddenly jolt up from the bed upon remembering all the events that had happened from earlier this morning. I was talking about the cold harsh reality and I, myself forgot about it. The reality that would now describe me, my status, my life would completely change from today because that one reality was right there, bounding the both of us. 

The reality that, I was married. 

I am married.

And that too, to the only person that I think doesn't deserve me. He deserves better. 

I am married to America's most eligible bachelor. A person who could get any girl he wanted. Any girl would be willing to be with him without a second thought. And not just because of his money but because of the person he was. It's next to impossible to find a person like Ahan in today's world. 

And...

I was married to him. 

How was that possible? I was alone, single yesterday, fighting for my freedom from Roshan and the next day, I was married. To Ahan. I'd never once expected to be married to him in a million years. Not that it was a bad thing. In fact, it was such a solace news. Never once did I expect myself to be married to Ahan, always having that one thing in my mind that it was next to impossible. I"ll accept that I started being attracted to him but not just by his appearance but more to the person that he was, but being attracted to someone and being married to them are both different things. 

Ahan and I don't match at all. I'm nothing and he has everything a person could desire to have. And he definitely deserves a better girl. Not me.

"It's six," his composed voice breaks my awfully long trend of thoughts. I notice that even he also realised that I was lost in deep slumber and he was giving me time to get out of it. I shift my eyes onto him only to see his eyes completely fixed on me, too. He crosses his arms over his chest, taking a step back and standing straighter. "Thought you'd want to be awakened by now."

I watch him intently for a few second before giving him a small nod. My eyes immediately start to look around my surrounding atmosphere. I was at Ahan's place. I was in Siya's room. And I wasn't a guest anymore.  What does that all even mean? Why is this harder than I thought it's be? Why was being with Ahan harder than I thought? 

May be it's your heart and not Ahan. My thoughts takes over again and I immediately shake them off. I fix my eyes back on him. 

"Uh, I was thinking if we-" he gives me a simple nod, gesturing for me to continue as he calmly waits for me to finish. "Uh-Mom will be happy to meet you," I look away before adding. "I know you've met her in hospital once but that was," my eyes bore into his, not a word more willing to come out of my mouth.

"That was?" Seeing I wasn't continuing, he questions. And I look away, feeling uncomfortable again.

"That was different." My voice is soft, and almost quiet as the realisation is quick on Ahan's face. "She'll be happy to see you as," another gulp as he patiently waits for me to finish. Although I'm pretty sure he's figured what I am about to say. "She'll be happy to see her son-in-law." My whisper is barely audible as I look away from him to quietly stare at the windows of Siya's room. The trees blowing back and forth through the wind outside manages to help this awkwardness, I don't know how, but it does. The calmness of it was almost comforting.