CHAPTER 3: "I Feel Like The Destiny Is Taking Us There."

Vancouver 5:30 in the evening: 6th January 2018

Samaara Varma

I couldn't stop thinking about what Mr Sutton had told me earlier on yesterday. Today was my first day off being jobless and I just couldn't seem to relax. I had worked in that company for 5 years and now suddenly stop going there feels weird. I took a deep breath and my mind immediately started thinking about that new job.

I honestly don't know what's right and what's wrong for me and Mom. What if I move to New York and everything turns out to be completely opposite to what Mr Sutton had said? I can't just move there without a promise of a job.

But.

Mom will have to stay in a hospital over there anyhow whether I get a job in that company and then get offered a place to live in or I have to find an apartment to live in myself and pay all the rent, so it doesn't matter if I don't get that same job because I can manage myself and even stay in a small room but Mom's health and comfort is what matters.

I guess I can just fix Mom's stay in a New York's hospital from beforehand and even pay a bit extra to make sure that her comfort is taken care of. But then again, what if I can't find a job for a long time? I can't stay jobless for a very long because then who will pay the hospital bills?

Ugh! This is all just really complicating.

"Samaara." My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by Mom's weak voice calling me. I immediately stood up to help her inside my room as she struggled walking. I carefully made her sit on my bed and then sat beside, facing her.

"Mom. Why did you come here? You could have just called me." She never listens to me.

"It's okay dear. I've already taken my medicines. I feel better now." She smiled. There was a simple silence between us for a few minutes.

"Samaara, I'm happy that we are moving." She said, causing me to instantly look over to her. I noticed her looking away from me.

"Mom. I never said we are moving."

"But I can see the hesitation in your eyes Samaara." She said causing me to look away, this time. She placed her hand on my head as I slowly turned to her, again.

"I know you are worried about me Samaara but don't worry dear, I will be fine."

"Mom. New York is on the other side of us. I'm just worried how we'll be able to get through everything." She smiled and shook her head.

"I think you should take this step and move to New York."

"Mom I will take you with me if we are moving, I'm not leaving you alone here." I protested.

"I know and I will happily come with you."

"I can't stay away from you for a long time so yes, I am being selfish but if that's going to keep me closer to you then let it be this way." She added causing me to smile.

"I will never go away from you and I will never let you go away from me, Mom." I immediately pulled her into a hug as she smiled, wrapping her arms around me.

"And you know Samaara, I don't know why but I feel like New York will actually be very good for you." She paused as we broke apart.