CHAPTER 22: "You're not serious, are you?"

Samaara

Although Ira was pretty stubborn in making me eat before we visited the hospital to see my Mom, I was even more adamant. She finally had to let it go and let us leave her house without eating.

I was just really happy and stunned hearing the news of Mom waking up. I didn't know what was there at the hospital for me to surprise me but I was just really glad and relieved that Mom woke up. That was the most alleviated I'd ever felt in these couple of months. Just knowing that she was fine and was still there for me, that she didn't leave me, that I wasn't all alone and that I still had her with me was satisfying.

There was just one thing which worried me. I just hoped that the doctor didn't have any other shocking news to give me. I'm not sure if I was ready for any more sadness after such an amazing news. All I could do was just wait until we reached the hospital.

I felt Ira's hand on my shoulder, constantly keeping me up and reassuring me. She was seriously my biggest support right now and I was just glad that, she didn't leave me after knowing about my dreadful past and my problematic present.

"Samaara, we're here. You ready?" She suddenly asks, cinching me out of my thoughts. I shift my eyes around the hospital parking before giving her a delighted nod. We get out of the car before her driver drives away to park the car.

"I can't wait to complain to aunt about what a hard friend you've been, not listening to me or taking care of yourself," she complains getting a quiet chuckle from me.

"I was just worried about everything that's happened in the past few days," I trail, hoping that she will understand as she suddenly gives me a wide grin.

"I know, I was just trying to get you to smile," she retorts causing another smile from me as we walk our way inside and towards my Mom's room. She'd been transported to her old room after she was taken into the operation theatre so I didn't have to ask the receptionist of where she was.

As soon as the elevator doors open clear, and we start making our way further towards Mom's room, my eyes immediately shift towards the one person sitting on the side seats, his athletic physique leaned forward and his arms rested on his knees as he exhaustingly ran his hands over his face. As cliché as it sounds, but seeing him created an unknown form of energy and confidence in my heart. It felt as if all my worry and concern had fled away.

He certainly looked tired and enervated. His body language displayed a clear form of exhaustion but his face still seemed as fresh even when he looked if he'd not slept for a couple of nights. Although he looked as good as any other day, his eyes held that sense of concern and weariness.

"Samaara," Ira's voice once again breaks my trail of thoughts, directly snapping Ahan's attention towards us.

As soon as his eyes meets with mine, I notice so much depth and intensity inside them. They, in fact gives me strength. And I can't seem to figure out whether that intensity was there to give me courage or it was just there because he was tired.

"Uh, yeah?" I turn my attention towards her as she glances between me and Ahan for a couple of seconds before shifting her eyes back to me.

"Let's go, isn't aunt waiting for you?" She says before turning her attention over to Ahan. "Is aunt awake bhaiya?" She asks as he gives her a slight nod.

"All the medicines are dizzying her out but she's awake, the doctor said you can go see her," he informs and shifts his eyes back on me. I give him a small nod before me and Ira both walk inside her room. All the tears which I'd controlled all this way starts falling as soon as her eyes shift towards us.