CHAPTER 2: "Has This Best Friend Of Yours' Proposed To Her, Yet?"

Samaara

Vancouver

As I entered Mr Sutton's office, I saw him sitting on his desk looking through some files. He immediately looked up at me as he saw me walk in.

"Samaara! Please sit down." He offered as I placed a small smile on my face and took my seat opposite to him.

"It wasn't because your working records were bad or you failed to complete work, Samaara. I hope you know that." He immediately said even before I could put my words together.

"I know."

"I couldn't do anything. Big Boss's word was the last word. I hope you understand where I am coming from," he paused to give me time to process. "If it were in my hands, I would have never fired you, but leave all that now. What's done is done. I've got amazing news for you." He informed making me chuckle. What else amazing can happen after I'm fired from work?

"What news?" I asked as he smiled.

"You were fired from this job to get an even better job!" He exclaimed.

"What? How? What do you mean Mr Sutton?" I was confused. Definitely I wasn't fired because the boss wanted to offer me a better job. Why would he fire me then? He could have just promoted me, although I'm not really sure if I even deserve that.

"Samaara. Don't think too much about my sentence, child, I don't make sense. What I was coming to is that I have a friend who have been working in a very well-known company for a few years now. It's a large firm Samaara, and he works in the HR department there," he paused as I quietly listened to him.

"Samaara, I know the reason behind that worry of yours but don't worry, everything is sorted. Since he is the HR of that company, he can give you a job in it. All you need to do is go for an interview with your resume, nothing else." A big smile covered my face by hearing him.

"Nothing else at all?" I asked to reassure as he smiled and nodded. I was happy. Happy that I won't need to worry anymore about finding a job. Happy that Mom's treatment would still be done on time.

"Uh," he paused, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"But there is a problem here."

Here it goes. I was thinking. After all, how could I get something in life so easily? I didn't deserve that. I simply turned to Mr Sutton to here it all out.

"The company is in New York." He plainly informed, leaving me speechless.

"Wh-What? H-How? I mean. Oh." I was unable to form any words. I didn't know what to say. New York is on the other side of North America.

"But Mr Sutton, New York is so far away from Vancouver." I uttered as he also sighed, knowingly.

"I know. But for the sake of living, if not yours but for the sake of your Mom's health, you should go." He said. How easy was it for him to say that?

"Look Samaara. I know that New York is too far and you wouldn't want to leave your Mom here alone when you're so far away so then I suggest you should take her with you?" He asked as I turned away. It is not as easy as it sounds.

"It is easier than you think it is." He said causing me to gasp. Did I just say that out loud? I turned to look at him only to see him chuckle at my reaction.

"Yes you did." He answered causing me to sigh.

"Samaara. It's not like you own a house here, I'm sorry to say." Yes. It is true. I don't even own a house here. I don't have anything which I can say is mine. We once did own the same house in which we live in right now but the only difference today is that, it is not ours. We live on a rent, there. We had to sell the house after my older brother left us unknowingly a few years ago because we needed enough money. The lady who bought the house actually bought it for investment, and she allowed us to stay in it for a rent. Although it is not ours anymore, we have millions of memories connected with this place. It's not easy to leave it.