CHAPTER 14: "Why did I find you fainted on the road today?"

Author

"The security guard that was on duty last night was Stanley. I only work on Mondays and Fridays, sir. I wasn't here yesterday."

"It's not only about yesterday, this has been happening from the last two weeks, Lenson." Ahan informed as the security guard, Lenson quietly nodded.

"And I want you to keep this information to yourself that I've been asking you about the security system of the company."

"I won't tell anyone, sir. Don't worry."

"You can leave now, thanks." Lenson nodded before he walked out of Ahan's cabin.

"This is strange. How come no one else noticed this?" Neel questioned turning to look at his brother. "Good on the girl, what's her name?"

"Samaara." Ahan added for him.

"Yeah Samaara. Good on her that she noticed this." He said, snapping his head around the office before turning his gaze back to Ahan.

"This is the only room where there are no cameras here and I think whoever the person is knew about this."

"Agreed." Ahan nodded. "Although I have somewhat idea who this person is," he halted as Neel immediately turned to him in shock. "I'm not exactly sure as there are no evidence against them but I've called the private agent to investigate this further."

"Ahan if you already knew all this then why did you make me go through all this thinking?" Neel asked causing Ahan a chuckle.

"Any information is good for the company. I might have been wrong with my findings and that's why I wanted to learn your thoughts on it," Neel sighed listening to Ahan. "And now that you have laid your thoughts out, it goes with who I think is the culprit." He added.

"You can tell me who it is right now." Neel encourages as Ahan smiled, shaking his head.

"Let the evidence be found first and then I'll tell you."

"When did you learn who was behind all this?"

"When Samaara told me two days ago that there's something wrong with the security system, I checked all the surveillance cameras' footage," he halted. "The person might have been smart enough to turn off the cameras on this floor but they forgot to turn of the corridor and entrance cameras, including the elevator CCTVs." He smiled.

"But you said that you don't have evidence for it but you've seen who it is on the footage."

"I've seen a few people at the night time in the footage not just one person so until the agent doesn't assure who the exact person that's behind all this is, it's better that this truth stays with me."

"Alright. As you wish."

"And yeah, don't let anyone else know about this at home, Neel. I don't want bhaiya or dad to worry," he halted. "I'll personally tell them once everything's sorted." He added as Neel nodded, agreeing with Ahan.

* * * * *
Samaara

"How's Mom now, doctor? Is she getting better?"

"Miss Varma, we're slowly noticing small changes in her but mind my words, slowly. I don't want to give you wrong hope." His words stabbed me like arrows to the board. She's not getting better that means. What was the point of shifting her to the hospital then?

"But doctor, there must be a way you can solve this."

"I was going to come to this, Miss Varma. There is a treatment that can be done but it only gives a 30% of assurance that she'll get better, and it's expensive so it's up to you whether you want to allow the treatment to continue or not."