CHAPTER 35: "I Wish I Could Say the Same About You, Akshara."

Samaara

I follow Ahan as he makes his way up to the hallways above the stairs. He'd left my hand as soon as we'd reached up the stairs and I don't know why, but I didn't like it all of a sudden. I don't know why, but I liked my hand in his. But shaking my head at my irrelevant thoughts, I silently follow him until across the hallway of the bedrooms until he comes to a stop in front of a room. Although the door of the bedroom was open, he gives it a slight knock before giving me a quick glance. Siya immediately appears in front of us and her smile falters a little in confusion upon seeing us.

"Bhaiya? Samaara? What are you guys doing here? Shouldn't you be downstairs enjoying your wedding party?" She asks as she makes her way inside and Ahan gestures me to go in before him before he follows behind as well. He gives Siya a slight nod before giving me a glance.

"I'm sure you have a pair of shoes for Samaara that does not involve any kind of heels." He plainly tells her, completely shocking me. He did notice my discomfort. Oh My God, how did I get this guy? How is he so caring and how does he notice everything. Siya's eyebrows scrunches up into a frown before she shakes her head. How did Ahan know that I was extremely uncomfortable in these heels?

"But Bhaiya, these heels looks so good on Samaara," she argues.

"But they're not comfortable for her, Siya, so stop arguing and help her out." he speaks, assertively, leaving no place for any arguments at all. 

"Bhaiya, I'm sure Samaara would have complained to you-"

"She didn't say anything, Siya," Ahan immediately interrupts, as I give Siya a guilty look. "And I'm sure you don't want to waste your time here arguing with me because let me clear this, you won't win. And if you don't want to help then I can go to Aisha Bhabhi. I don't have any problem with that," He bluntly speaks, making her frown. 

"Alright, Samaara, I'll help you but I swear if Ira scolds me,"

"I'll handle Ira, you help Samaara out." Ahan interrupts again before walking out of Siya's room, probably to make his way down to the party but not before giving me a one more glance. I'm so grateful to him for noticing because I wasn't sure if I could handle another embarrassing fall tonight. And it was also very uncomfortable to walk in these anyway.  

"I'm sorry, Siya. I didn't say anything but-" Siya shakes her head, giving me a reassuring nod before leading me to her walk-in closet of her huge, extravagant room.

"It's okay, Samaara. I was just arguing because these looked so good on you but it's okay, we can find flats that would go with this as well." She says as we start looking through her collections of hundreds of footwear. 

After sometime, she finally finds the one that she thinks is the best for her, and puts them in front of me. The shoes still had a little bit of heels but not as much as the other ones and like the other ones, these were not stiletto. So, it would not be hard to walk in these anyway. I give her a smile and slip them on before we make our way out of her room and downstairs to the party. As we make our way downstairs, I notice many eyes fixed onto me and I immediately start feeling uncomfortable as well as nervous. Were people liking me or were they criticising me? 

 But, since when did I care about what other people thought about me? 

My eyes immediately start looking for the peculiarly luminous orbs as I find him standing next to Nathan and Neel, chatting away, probably about his business. He also notices my eyes fixed on to him as he snaps his gaze over to me, giving my feet a quick glance before looking back up to meet my eyes. A frown takes over his face as he realises I was still wearing some kind of heels and he immediately makes his way over to us, followed by Neel and Nathan. They both give me an approving smile as Ahan's stern eyes fall on Siya and she pouts.