CHAPTER 39: "I Can't Particularly Steal You From My Cousin."

Samaara

I walk out of the washroom after a nice, long shower and my eyes immediately falls onto Ahan sitting on the bedside. I see him removing his watch from around his wrist and placing it on the bedside table before pulling out the wallet from his blazer and placing it next to his watch. His eyes glances up at me upon seeing me stare at him for longer than necessary and his gaze remain onto me for awhile. I instantly look away from him as he stands up, shrugging out of his blazer but his eyes refuse to move away from mine.

"I'm not sure if you remember I told you I have a few cousins here," he says this while walking closer to me. "Just ignore them if they're being idiots. I tried to stop their imbecile jokes but I doubt they'll stop. So I'm just giving you a headstart before they do something." He adds before making his way towards the closet leaving me standing there in a surprise. Were they that bad? I'm sure they're as nice as everyone else. Shaking my thoughts away, my eyes fall to the bed that's there right in the middle of the room.

Would we be sleeping in the same bed? That's just-no but we have to where else am I going to sleep if not there?

I look around the room, only to find a set of couch right across the room. It's too small for either of us. And there was nothing else around the room that I could sleep on. My eyes drift towards the bed once again. It's big enough.

It's big enough but he'll still be sleeping right next to you, Samaara. The voice in my head just adds to my shyness even more. It's not about him sleeping next to me, I trust him. He won't touch me unless I want- Oh My God, what am I saying?

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I move towards the side of the bed and sit down, still confused as to what we could do. Like I said, it's not about him sleeping next to me, because I trust him. He's no where near Roshan, so he won't even touch me but it's about the awkwardness that'll get in between us just to share the bed. How do I ask him about this? How do I say whether if there was any other place I could sleep in?

I can't say that, remember, although there might be twenty other guest rooms in this mansion, he said he can't go against his Dadi so he won't let me go anywhere else and neither can he go to a guest room. Why would he need to go to a guest room, anyway? This was his room, not mine. So, he doesn't need to leave from here. I need to.

Maybe I could sleep on the floor if there was some floor mats I could use to put underneath? I'm fine with that.

- - - - -

The click of the bathroom door immediately snaps my attention when Ahan steps out of it a few minutes later. He's changed into track pants and a hoodie just like the other night at his penthouse. I look towards him as he throws the towel on the couch before turning his attention towards me. I immediately look away, not wanting to seem like a creep who's just watching him freshly come out of the shower and continue to feel his gaze fixed right onto me.

"Before I forget," his words again snap me out of my shyness and I trail my gaze as he makes his way around the other side of the bed to grab his wallet. Pulling out a black card, he walks around again towards me and I stand there not being able to do anything as he hands me the card. I look at the black card, before looking up at him again as he patiently waits for me to take it. "I didn't have enough time to give this to you but it's for you, I had it as soon as we walked out of the court but I kept forgetting to give it to you. You can use it as much as you'd like, it's yours." I look down upon seeing the card before shaking my head.

"I-I can't have this. I shouldn't." I say, and for some reason my voice comes out as a whisper. "You don't have to give this to me. It's yours and I-"

"This is yours, Samaara, not mine. Please take it."

"But-"

"I know you're not someone who needs this but I still want to give it to you, for whenever you need it."