CHAPTER 11: "My name is Samaara Varma."

Samaara

The smile on my face just couldn't seem to fade as I reached Ira's place. The fact that all my worries will decrease by this job really makes me happy. I'm so thankful.

Now just one thing I wish for. My truth shouldn't affect my job.

As I walked up the four stairs of the entrance of the mansion, I pressed the doorbell and waited for someone to open the door, patiently. In the time of a few seconds, the door swung open, revealing Aunt Kate's beautiful face. A smile immediately took over her face as soon as she noticed that it was me. And I returned the smile.

"Samaara. Come in!" She quickly moved out of the way, so I could step inside.

"How did the interview go?"

"I got the job," I replied as a big smile formed on her face. "But-" I immediately stopped before I could continue. I don't need to tell her that I fainted in the elevator. That's not necessary. I don't want her to worry for no reason.

"But?" She waited for me to answer as I quickly shook my head with a smile.

"It was nothing, I was just saying that it was unexpected but I got the job so I'm glad now." She smiled and pulled me into a warm hug. I closed my eyes and also wrapped my arms around her, feeling the love. It exactly felt as if Mom was embracing me and I really needed the hug right now.

"Is Ira home?" I asked her as we broke apart.

"No she'd gone to one of the courts with Aisha," she halted. "She had to get some papers signed by some of the senior lawyers." I simply nodded, although I didn't know who Aisha was.

"Oh," she shook her head. "You don't know who Aisha is." She said as I smiled. "She's a close friend, her family is very close to us." She informed as I quietly nodded. "And she's also a lawyer." She added.

"Hal flew to Boston an hour ago."

"Is everything okay? He had to leave urgently?"

"Oh no. Don't worry about him, he's usually flying here an there regarding meetings. We own a company in Boston and he had to go there for some legal work regarding the company."

"Right."

"Uh, I'll just go get freshened?"

"Of course. Go. No need to ask sweetheart. Go get fresh then we'll have lunch together, it's only us two for lunch today." I nodded and made my way up the stairs, as a smile appeared on my face again. She's so sweet. She makes me feel like home here and I really appreciate that.

* * * * *
Author

"The executives from London are coming for the conference next week Sir," Rhys informed to Ahan as they crossed the webinar hall.

"And they've agreed with our deal?" Ahan took a brief glance at him as Rhys began to say something but then stopped unsure of how to continue.

"If they're unable to accept our terms then advise them there'll be no conference," Ahan continued as they waited for the elevator.

"But sir, this meeting is important for you to take over the company in London."

"If I wanted to buy the company, I would have already so, you know that Rhys." He conversed along as they stepped inside the elevator. He was capable of buying that company and many small other companies like that but his purpose was somrthing else.

"Then what is your purpose behind this project, Sir?" Rhys glanced at Ahan. "I learnt that the company was only recently bought by the owner." He added as Ahan glanced up from his phone screen.