CHAPTER 23: "Is it because of Samaara?"

Author

"What the hell is this Ahan?" Priya furiously barges into Ahan's office, fuming with anger. He gives her a quick glance from his laptop screen, his face immediately showing the irritation upon seeing her.

There once used to be a time when she used to bring a smile on his face every time she would come in front of him but these days, there was just something about her anger and behaviour that just furiously irritated him. She wasn't the same Priya who he once used to call his best friend. Ever since she'd come back from London, she'd been changed.

And. Nor him, neither she thought that their friendship would become so distanced after that.

"What's wrong?" He asks while fixing his gaze on her.

"You ask me what's wrong when everything you do evolves around that scum of a girl! Like what the hell is wrong with you, Ahan? You're New York's top billionaire bachelor and a CEO of this multi-national company. You shouldn't have to do all those small things for that girl. She can go drown in that-"

"Are you done?" He cuts her off, asking, clearly irritated from her unneccesary outburst.

"No," she presses her lips together into a thin line. "I'm not done. Because you know what you've done? You had that one important meeting with Carol after so long and you couldn't attend it because you were too busy helping your goody-too-shoes Samaara." He presses his lips together, quitely observing Priya standing there fuming in anger.

"You yourself just said I'm the CEO of this company, right?" He questions, now focusing his full attention on her as she gives him an aggressive nod. "Then I know what I'm doing." He continues. "I don't need your advise for how to run my company or into doing anything else." His words sting her.

He was her friend and he's the one to talk like that. She thinks.

"And just for your reassurement, the meeting which according to you I didn't attend was actually led by me," he comes to a small halt, to clarify as her face scrunches up into a confusion. "I'm sure you'd seen that bluetooth head-spree in Carol's ear during the meeting, correct?" She gives him a slight, unsure nod. "That was me, attending my conference call with her while you guys contributed your ideas by being yourselves present there." He completes, leaving her to sulk in embarrassement for blaming him for something which he very responsibly had completed.

"Oh," is all she manages to say as he lets out a exhausted sigh.

"For some reason I couldn't attend the meeting, I know but anyhow, you're not allowed to question me regrading anything on this company while being my employee here," Bang! His words hit the clear left side of her chest, leaving her in shock.

How could he be so stern?

"If you came and talked to me respectfully, and as an employee instead, I wouldn't have minded." Her eyebrows scrunches up into confusion again.

"What does that mean? I've always talked to you as an employee." He immediately lets out a bitter chuckle upon hearing her answer.

"You always act like a friend when you clearly know how professional I am."

"But I never knew you didn't like that."

"I've told you about it a million times so there is no reason for you to not know about it."

"What do you exactly want, Ahan? Why are you acting so bitter with me? Is it because of Samaara?"

"Don't bring Samaara into this, Priya."

"Why not, huh? Why shouldn't I bring her into it?" She was now fuming in anger. "You always seem to be so emotionally connected to that girl whenever there's anything regarding her but always seem so distant with me." He was speechless. He didn't know the why to her question. Why did he feel so emotionally attached to Samaara?