CHAPTER 19:"My qualifications were snatched from me, alright?"

Author

Ahan and Nathan paced back and forth in the hospital building as the doctor was yet to give results. Apparently doctors were still in the OT treating Samaara's mother and Samaara couldn't keep her self contained from thinking all sorts of negatives.

"Aunt is going to be okay Samaara. You're going to get through this, okay?" Ira consoles her and places her hand on Samaara's shoulder as she gives Ira a small, unbelieving nod.

Ahan and Nathan turn to look at them as Samaara keeps her head in her palms in worry. Ira gives them a glance and shakes her head at them as if signaling them that she's still not fine.

"Here, you haven't ate anything from the morning." Neel offers her a cup of hot chocolate as she simply shakes her head, giving him a small smile.

"Samaara. Neel's right. You need to stay strong. Look when aunt gets better, she'll still be weak and if she sees you weak in front of her, she's not gonna like it." Ira informs as Samaara shakes her head again.

"But that's the thing Ira, the doctors have been in there from the last two hours and they don't seem to give us any good news. How am I supposed to think that everything is fine when it's not," Samaara lets out a worried sigh. "Everything is not fine, no matter what all of you say, she's-sh-she's dying and I can sense it. I can feel it, Ira. And you know what the worst part is, I can't do anything about it." Ira and Ahan share a glance before he lets out a deep sigh and settles in the chair next to Samaara.

"You've seen her in enough pain, Samaara," his soothing voice interrupts her trail of thoughts. She snaps her head to look at him as he maintains his gaze on the wall ahead of him. "Wouldn't you want to see her in a better place?" He finally turns to look at her as she maintains their gaze. "I know I can't try and understand what you're even going through right now but I do feel the worry and concern that you're feeling. And that remorse is clear in your eyes." He continues to look at her as she turns her eyes back onto her hands.

"You're feeling guilty because you think that you didn't succeed in saving your Mom or making her better but I can guarantee you that if she was conscious right now and looking at you, all you would see is satisfaction." She scrunches her eyesbrows slightly in confusion. "Satisfaction of seeing you happy, and in a better place." She snaps her eyes away again upon hearing him.

"How do you know that?" She whispers as he gives her another glance before shifting his eyes on his phone that suddenly started to ring. 

"I came to visit her the other day when I found out about her being in the hospital. I came here to deal with all her fees but at the same time, I also just wanted to let her know that her daughter is completely fine and she will be even in future." He adds before getting up to answer his call. She sits there speechless upon hearing his words. They were so honest and caring that she had no other reason to question him as to why he visited her mother.

Ahan walks away as Ira, Nathan, Neel and Niam exchange content smiles seeing Ahan reassuring Samaara. 

Couple of minutes later as Ahan gets off his call, his phone chimes again revealing a text from Priya.

Samaara has no graduation certificates to prove that she's actually been an IT student. So she's not actually qualified for her job due to her lack of qualifications. She got her job in your company because of connections not on her own through hard work.

Ahan's confusion has no limits as he reads through Priya's text. What does she mean by all this? How did she know? And why would Samaara do that? Is Samaara really lying to him just for the job or is there something more to it?