CHAPTER 8: "I see a Chemistry in Business."

New York, Half past six in the evening: 8th January 2018

Ira D'souza

After spending the beautiful long day with Samaara, we finally arrived home. You think that she only resisted on coming with me in the cafe but no. She argued with me about it whole throughout the day. She's a one stubborn person and no one would think her to be, looking at her personality being so simple but I know her more than anyone. And although we'd hadn't met each other for a few years, that doesn't weaken our friendship at all.

We stopped by at the hospital to grab Samaara's bags before we came home and I took that chance to see aunty. She didn't remember me but I can understand. She has a hard time remembering her own problems and sometimes even her own daughter than I would be way out of the topic. I just wish her to be well soon. She indeed looked pale and weak. We left the hospital in a couple minutes of time to head straight to home.

As soon as we stepped out of the car, the chauffer started getting down Samaara's bags which she was insisting to take inside herself, causing me to smile. She will never change. Doing everything herself.

"Samaara. Let's go. You're bags will be taken to your room, don't worry." I reassured as she seemed to be in a deep thought for a few seconds before she pressed her lips together in a small, tight smile.

I noticed her staring at the exterior of the mansion for awhile in an awe.

"This is your place?" She asked causing me to let out a chuckle.

"Yes. It's sad that you'd never been here before." It was sad. I mean which kind of best friends wouldn't have been to each others' places?

She still seemed to be in a shock but immediately smiled as soon as she saw me looking at her. She's uncomfortable. And I need to talk to her later on.

"Let's go." I punched in the password of the main entrance door and as soon as the doors slid open, I led her inside, followed by chauffers carrying her bags further inside to the room in which she'll be staying in.

"Ira. Is that you?" We instantly heard Mom call out from the main hall. As we walked further inside, she steadily made her way towards us and a big wide grin formed on her face as soon as she noticed Samaara standing next to me. I turned to see that Samaara too was smiling at her, seeing Mom after so long.

"Samaara," Mom stepped forward towards her as Samaara joined her hands together to greet Mom but before she could say anything, Mom pulled her into a warm hug, causing me another smile seeing her hugging Mom back just as tightly.

"Leave the poor daughter alone now Kate, will you? You'll suffocate her." We heard Dad chuckle as Mom immediately broke apart before turning to see both Dad and Nathan making their way towards us.

"I've met her after so many years Hal. Let me love her enough now." Aww, Mom is too cute.

"Yeah but at least let us also meet our lovely daughter." Dad added while he turned to look at Samaara. She bent down to touch his feet as Dad placed his hand on her head to give her his blessings. It was a gesture to show the youngers' respect towards elders.

"Look at you darling. You've grown so much." He said as her lips curved into a simple smile.

"And you've grown to be beautiful, too." Mom added and I noticed Samaara looking away, feeling uncomfortable, but very poorly hiding that she was. Nathan stepped forward as she raised her gaze up to look at him.

"Although I couldn't really find your favourite Amedei's Prendimé chocolates, I got these for you." Nathan chuckled while he handed Samaara a box of DeLafée. They're Switzerland's most expensive Gold Chocolates. Samaara softly smiled and muttered a quiet thank you.