CHAPTER 26: "I'll get married."

Samaara

"Dammit!" Ira's fist clashes with the hard wall as she lets out another frustrated sigh. "I can't believe he's already decided to take a decision in their favour!"

"Exactly. How the hell is he a judge? How can he not see all the wrong things happening?" Neel joins in as me and Ahan quietly listen to them taking out their anger on the judge, the opposition lawyer and Roshan.

Apparently, since we couldn't provide the court with any evidence about what I was saying was correct, the judge had given us a day to find a proof. But, he'd also told us that if we're unsuccessful in finding anything then he'll be taking a decision in Roshan's favour, which included me getting remarried with Roshan again.

And that, I didn't want to let happen but I feel so helpless. There is nothing that could be done now.

"What options do we have left now?" Ahan quietly questions as Ira lets out another deep sigh.

"None."

"Is there a way at all?" I ask honestly and Ahan's eyes immediately fall onto me. He looks at me and his eyes clearly reveal the rage that's settled inside them for the court and the judge.

"What options which, if done would make the judge and the opposition lawyer helpless?" His question causes all our eyes to shift expectantly towards Ira again, waiting for her answer.

"I don't know," she reluctantly shakes her head. "Like showing them a proof about what Samaara was saying was right, finding the girl to who Roshan sold Samaara's education qualifications or-"

"Or?"

"Or if she got married again then they wouldn't have any other option but to let this case rest but that's impossible, I mean this all has happened because she got married and it's not even a proper option," Ira shakes her head. She's right. All this happened because of marriage but I can't really blame the marraige for what's really happened to me because of it.

Marriage is a sacred ritual and if it was anyone's fault, it was Roshan's fault who didn't let this sacred marriage work. And it was somewhat my fault as well.

"Wait," Neel's sudden careful voice interuppts my trend of thoughts. "So, you mean if Samaara gets married for the second time then the judge can't force her to be with Roshan again because she'd be already married?" Ira nods but looks at him in confusion.

"But it's useless for us to think about that right now. Our final hearing in court is tomorrow, in less than twenty-four hours and it's not really possible for Samaara to get married in this time and plus where are we going to find a guy and-"

"I'll get married."

What?

Everyone looks at Ahan in shock as he shifts his eyes from Ira to me. My shocked eyes look at him, unbelievably. And his gaze fails to reveal any kind of emotions.

"What?" Ira asks the question which I'd wanted to ask as well. She shares a glance with Neel before turning back to him.

Ahan diverts his gaze from mine back to Ira's.

"If Samaara's fine with it, then I'm fine to get married to her," He informs, leaving me confused and appalled in my own thoughts. My eyes continue to stare at him, inconceivably. "Temporarily, just for the court."

Ira takes a glance at me and I look away, not knowing what to say. What am I supposed to say? This was totally unantipational. He's New York's top bachelor, loved and respected by every single human being and he's willing to get married, even if temporarily to the girl who probably has nothing achieved in life.