CHAPTER 38: "I Can't Technically Go Against Her."

Ahan

I take a glance next to me to see Samaara fidgeting with her fingers, creases of nervousness clearly visible on her face. I know the reason behind her stress and it frustrates me that I can't do anything about it.

I'd tried reassuring her about Dadi earlier on but it seemed to add more to her agitation.

One thing I know for sure is that she really wanted Dadi to like her and I was distressed between how else to tell her that she'd not even have to try with that. Dadi would love her. Samaara's realness is enough for anyone to like her and as much as I'd knew my dadi, that's exactly the type of girl she'd been looking for me so there shouldn't even be any question regarding that.

I just didn't want Samaara to feel awfully awkward in any kind of way when she met Dadi or any other member of the family. If I could argue back with my Dadi, we'd not be here on our way to her mansion, rather at a hotel. That would have been much convenient for both of us. I wouldn't mind staying with Dadi but with Samaara here with me, it would be awkward for her, I can guarantee, considering all the traditional ways my Dadi will use to celebrate our marriage.

My eyes shift back to the rain trickling outside, it's drops sliding through the glass of the window as the car drives past the traffic and in more of the secluded road. It'd started to rain as soon as we'd landed here, and the weather had become quite cold.

India was another home for me as I kept coming back here for business every few months a year, but one reason for which I came was so I could meet Dadi. She's someone I can say I'm most protective about. Although I don't stay here with her always, I still find myself attached to her.

And it's why there's a bit of agitation from me when it comes to her and Samaara. I feel like I might not be able to stay on Samaara's side all the time while Dadi's on the other side. I can't possibly go against her.

But I can't let Samaara sulk herself in worry about this as well. And neither can I let her bare all of Dadi's traditional ways of doing things. Especially when it comes to weddings. That I'd figured after attending my cousin's wedding a few years back. You just have to listen to Dadi when she wants to do something and she wants you to do that.

I know for a fact that Samaara would never deny Dadi but it's my responsibility to not let anything get out of hand. It's my responsibility to make sure that Samaara's comfortable with my family while we're here.

This wedding has not only been an overwhelming surprise for Samaara but for me as well. The difference is that she lets all her shyness and uncomfortableness show on her face. And for some reason I don't feel any of that. Instead, I feel the need to always protect her.

I don't know why that's the case but her simplicity and real personality really is something that intrigues me towards her. All the girls who I've met until now were always there for my money and status but Samaara is someone who doesn't care about that. That's why I always think why me and Priya never worked out. Although being a best-friend to me, all those years she came back after spending them in London, she was a changed person, someone who'd go-to any length to make themselves look powerful so that they could ruin someone's career. That's not the Priya I used to know. That's not my best-friend and that's definitely not the type of person I'd like spending my married life with. But Samaara. Samaara is simple, real. She never wants to ruin anyone, in fact, she's always doing things out of her way to help people, whether it was getting married to Roshan for her mother or whether it was moving on from her marriage for her.

That asshole of a person really deserved to be hanged. He definitely didn't deserve to be free so he can go forward and ruin another girl's life. And he's definitely not getting away with everything he's done to Samaara. I'd make sure of it. It doesn't matter that the court has given its orders. The connections I have are enough to put that bastard in jail. It doesn't make me upset one bit to know that I got married to Samaara so I could help her out and maybe it could be because I like her or if there is something more even. I don't know yet.