CHAPTER 31: "That's None of Your Business."

Samaara

We leave Mom a few minutes after Ahan reassures her that he's going to make sure I don't see another day of sadness. I was still shell-shocked upon hearing that from him. I mean, I did know that he cared and that he was a gentleman but I didn't expect him to be this confident to confess the same thing in front of me and Mom. He was so clear in his mind and he didn't care what I thought about that. He confessed what he had in mind and I really appreciate him for that.

The car ride had been awfully silent as none of us say anything. I definitely struggled to form words after that moment in front of Mom, hearing another person beside her being so caring and protective about me. I simply couldn't put any words together. He, also chose to remain silent about that moment and I didn't see the need to say anything up until now. The silence as well as what he said was simply distracting me. 

"Ahan," I finally mutter up the courage to speak about this. He gives me a quick glance before focusing his attention back on the road. "Uh-" He remains quiet, giving me the space to speak and I take a deep breath before getting it all out. "I really appreciate what you had told Mom back there," I continue as his eyes remain on the road, his face not giving away any of his feelings. 

Wait. Feelings. 

What feelings, Samaara? Why was I going there? Why would I even go there? 

I was simply stepping over my boundaries here. Ahan simply cared about me but that doesn't mean that he had feelings for me. I shook my head to clear my head before turning to him again. "Thank you." He gives me a skeptical nod, not entirely convinced with my words before shifting his eyes back on the road. 

Before I could say anything more, the ring of his phone interrupts us. He quietly grabs the bluetooth headset from the dashboard and tucks it in the left ear. "Hi Priya." His voice remains calm but my mood immediately turns different upon hearing her name. There is always trouble involved whenever she is involved. I hear Ahan taking a frustrated sigh upon hearing whatever Priya had to say. "That's none of your business," he answers, calmly. "Especially after everything you've done in these past weeks." How could he stay so calm when someone was arguing with him? That's a quality. 

I steal a quick glance at him before turning back to stare out of the window, not wanting him to think that I was prying or anything. I mean I couldn't exactly not hear what he was saying, I was literally sitting in within a few inches of him. I couldn't exactly focus anywhere else. 

"I'm heading there right now, be there in ten." He informs, drawing in a long breath, threading a hand through his hair. Frustration was clear on his face. But he still chose to keep his cool. "Priya, I don't have time to discuss all this right now, if you want to talk about my personal life-" He takes a turn into the main road, the road that was also the way to his company. What exactly happened there? Were we going there right now? We didn't exactly turn in the direction of his penthouse so we were going to his company right now. "Our personal life, then you can come home to talk about it but as of now, you're in my company, so get back to work." His voice was cut-clear and authoritative, giving Priya no chance of arguing back. He shakes his head in annoyance whilst placing the headset back where he'd got it from. 

I remain quiet, not wanting to say anything. He was already angry and me saying something might stir him up even more. But he said, our personal life, did he mean his and Priya's personal life? 

A few minutes later, he shifts his gaze onto me and I immediately turn to look at him. "I have to be at the corporation right now, and I can't exactly drop you back home as of now so you'll have to come with me, if you don't exactly mind." He informs and I look at him in confusion. Why was he asking me? I was meant to be at work today, it's not exactly a weekend right now, so I should have been at work for at least another hour, if you count me going there like four hours late so therefore, finishing work four hours late.