CHAPTER 21: "And that's a promise."

Ira

I can't even begin to imagine what Samaara must be feeling right now. And what she must have felt that time when that bastard caused her all that trouble.

How can life be so cruel for some people? I just don't get it? Samaara is probably the nicest soul on the Earth and yet, she still got so much pain.

First her Dad left her, then she had to suffer through the dreadful marriage chaos and pain, then her brother left her when she needed him the most and now, her Mom was fighting for her life. I can't even start to imagine what Samaara's going to feel like when that happens. When her Mom-No! She will survive. Aunt will survive. She has to live! If not for herself than at least for
Samaara. Samaara deserves all the happiness in her life. And I'm afraid aunt leaving her would totally break her apart.

I took a deep breath before glancing over to Samaara to see her eyes focused on the same place it has been since the last five minutes.

After she'd told us all about her dreadful past, it's been quiet in this room. No one has spoken a word ever since Samaara's conveyed her story to us. And I know what everyone's thinking. It has to be about what she said towards the end.

I would have to get married to him again.

Anything happens, and whatever happens, I'm not letting Samaara get married to that heartless person ever again. And I don't care what I have to do for that. She's my bestfried and have been my longest friend. She's like a sister to me and I can't let her walk into a hell filled life all over again. I'll do everything to save her from that inhuman being.

"You're not going back to him again." Finally someone manages to speak after a long pause. I look up to see Ahan Bhaiya's eyes focused onto Samaara. Even he looks exhausted and disturbed. "Whatever happens, you're not going back to him."

Samaara slowly lifts her eyes up to look at him, too. Her eyes showing the nervousness and dreadfulness clearly visible in her eyes.

"Ahan's right. We'll hire a better lawyer and there must be a way to get you out of this, Samaara." Niam bhaiya joins in. Both Neel and Ahan bhaiya agree accordingly.

"I'll fight Samaara's case." I suddenly manage to say causing all eyes to snap towards me. Even Samaara's.

"Are you sure, Ira? You haven't fought any cases before and this one's complicated. We don't want to put any pressure on you." Niam bhaiya asks. And as I look at each of them, their eyes hold concern for me and Samaara. I place a small smile and give them all a reassuring nod.

"This will be my first case. And I promise you Samaara. I will get you out of this." I assure her as she manages a small smile in return, a smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes though.

"I know you're scared to fight the case, Ira but you just said it like it wasn't a big deal just for me," she shakes her head before fixing her eyes back onto me. "I don't want you to lose your first case. Seeing where the aspect of this case has headed, I already know the outcome-"

"No you don't." I snap, clearly annoyed by her negativeness. "You don't know how much potential this case has and it's just a matter of some hard work which we all are willing to put in to get you out of this so don't you dare demotivate me or anyone else here." My words are clear and surprisingly, I manage to make her and everyone in the office smile.

"What Ira's saying is correct, Samaara. You don't have any reason to give up," Ahan bhaiya joins in snapping his gaze back to Samaara. "No one deserves to be treated the way you have been," he adds as Samaara's eyes continues to stare at him. She looks at him as if he is the only guy who she can trust. Trust immensely. And I can't stop my mind from thinking the latter reason behind this.