CHAPTER 41: "Ahan, you don't have to change your choice because of me."

Samaara

We stand there baffled at Vihaan's question.

He gives us a smile before shaking his head.

"You guys look as if I've asked you to do something really large," Ahan looks away and he lets out a sigh. "Come on, Khyati wanted to meet you guys and I'm sure you're free for a dinner." Ahan gives me a glance as if to ask me whether I was fine with the dinner date and I give him a nod. He turns back to Vihaan, giving him a nod.

"Let me know of the time." Ahan says as Vihaan smiles in happiness and nods before walking off.

I'm still surprised at everything that's happened in the past half an hour, whether it was Ahan telling me that he was fine with the wedding or whether it was Vihaan asking us to come on the double date.

Wait does that mean I have to dress up?

Considering it's my first date with Ahan. But, Vihaan and Khyati will be there.

I should still dress up a bit.

Ahan closes the bedroom before turning to look at me.

"Thanks for agreeing with the date, Samaara," he says and I look up at him. "It matters to Vihaan that we agreed and I'm sure Khyati wants to meet you, so it'll be a good date." He says and I give him a nod before he walks away from me, sprawling himself down on the bed with the laptop.

I walk towards the closet to take out something decent to wear for the night. Although, it doesn't matter to me, I'm sure Dadi will want me to wear something nice and being next to Ahan, I'd not want him to be looked down upon just because his wife could not dress nicely.

- - - - -

Putting the last shade of lip gloss on my lips, I look at myself from top to the bottom to make sure that I'm not missing something to wear or in terms of jewellery.

I was dressed in a black anarkali dress that was from the collection of outfits which were there in the closet and I figured since I didn't have any outfits which were date like, I had to use one of that. It was simple, yet beautiful and I think it was appropriate for the night. With the anarkali, I figured that sandals would look nice so I slipped into them before picking up my purse and walking out of the closet.

Ahan was waiting for me in the room, dressed in a business casual. He wore a white button-down shirt and blue jeans and I couldn't help but admire him standing there,casuallyl looking down at his watch. It didn't matter what he wore, or how he dressed, he looked good in everything and considering I also had feelings, I felt somewhat attracted to him.

What am I saying? I did not just say that I attracted to Ahan. Did I?

He suddenly looked up as if feeling my gaze on him and I immediately looked away, embarrassed at being caught staring at him.

"Ready?" His tone didn't tell me whether he knew that I was staring at him and I was fine with that. I didn't need him making me blush more than I already was. I give him a small nod and we make our way out of the room. As we walk downstairs, we see Vihaan already waiting downstairs for us. He gave us a smile as we approached him.

"I'm going to pick Khyati up half way but Ahan knows the address so you guys can make your way to the restaurant," he says turning to look at me and we nod before we make our way outside towards the car. Ahan opens the door for me and I give him a smile and slide inside, muttering a small thank you.

He takes the keys from the driver before sliding inside the driver's seat.

I see Vihaan's car leaving from the driveway as Ahan starts the car. I immediately stiffen when his arm comes around the back of my seat as he starts to reverse the car, looking back. Something happens between us when his eyes meet mine but he looks away to the front before pulling off the driveway. He removes his arm from around my seat, resting it on the gear. I can't help but look down, my hands clearly fidgeting with one another. They're only a few inches away from his hand that's resting on the gear.