CHAPTER 17: "My Dad died when I was Fifteen."

Samaara

Ira had no idea how conscious I was feeling when I slipped on this red dress. Yes, it was long and not much revealing from the front except for the fact that it was sleeveless but its upper back part included mainly of strings. So my back was basically bare and visible to the world. It made me feel extremely self-conscious. I've never worn such clothes before so I had no idea how I was going to face everyone in this. I guess I had no choice, if I requested Ira one more time, about me changing into jeans and a t-shirt, I think she'll definitely punch me and possibly break our friendship. I've asked the same question to her fifty times in the past half an hour and she's not changed her answer from no a single time.

I had no choice but to stay quiet as I watched her put her hair up into a fancy hairstyle. She looked at me from the mirror before standing up and slipping on her heels. She's also made me wear heels despite my hundred declines. Thankfully they were not as long as hers. I would have broken an ankle already if they were and I'm still scared to break my ankle in these three inch heels, too. 

"Ready?" She asks happily as she grabs her purse and I shake my head at her. She rolls her eyes and pulls me out of her room. "Come on." She walks fast enough to make me almost trip because of my heels. 

"You do realise that I'm wearing heels, Ira." I tell her as she sighs before slowing her pace down. "And this is the first time in my life that I'm wearing heels." She rolls her eyes the second time  before turning to look at me.

"You do realise that I'm wearing longer heels than you, Samaara." She lets out a chuckle causing me to huff in frustration.

"But you've worn it before. I haven't." 

"Like I said, there's always a first time. So chill up." She says as if it's most easiest thing to do. We soon walk down the stairs to see Kate, Hal and Nathan already ready, waiting for us in the lounge. They three look towards us upon hearing the clicking of our heels. They look at us as if it's one of our weddings. And I try my best to hide behind Ira as she practically pushes me at the front to stop right in front of Nathan who catches me from falling. 

"Be careful." He says as he removes his arms from my bare shoulders and I tuck a piece of hair behind, feeling too conscious of the three's gaze.

"Wow Samaara. You look beautiful darling." Kate says as I give her a small smile. 

"Yeah, I mean we've seen Ira dress up all the time but you're really simple so it's pleasant seeing you different today." Hal joins as I also give him a small smile.

"See I told you. She'd given me a hard time Mom, getting her ready." Ira joins as Nathan lets out a chuckle.

"You do look beautiful, Samaara." He says as I give him a timid smile before shifting my eyes down on the floor not knowing what else to say. "Shall we leave now that we all are here?" He asks and that's when I notice that he's in his formal wear, blue blazer and all. 

Ira slips in the front seat of the car next to Nathan as I slip in the back as both Hal and Kate slip into a separate car. 

About twenty minutes later, we halt in front of huge gates in which there is probably a massive mansion of the Malhotras', although it's difficult to see inside over the gates. As soon as the security opens the gates and Nathan drives inside the massive driveway, I notice this mansion being larger than Ira's place. It was huge and probably insane for someone like me who's lived in a two bedroom house forever. There were already a few cars in the driveway as we step out of the car and I can't help but gawk at the beauty of the construction in front of me. 

The Malhotra Mansion (Note: these pictures are randomly picked from Google).