Prologue

I am dying. Of that I'm quite sure.
I never thought it would end this way, stuck beneath some rubble, that I think used to be a part of the ceiling.
I can see my wand lying a few feet away, but I have no chance of reaching it.
I just wish that there was someone here to witness my death, so that I didn't have to die alone.

Someone like Draco, my sweet Draco.
If he was still alive, I know he would mourn me. But I haven't seen him recently, so I don't know if he is still alive.
I wish Harry could be here as well, my good old friend Harry Potter might mourn me.
I hope that one day he can forgive me. What I did was wrong, I know that. But I pray that one day he will understand my reasons for what I did, and why I did it.

I just wish my death was a bit quicker, and less painful. But it could have been worse. Much worse.

I know that some of my muggle friends believe in heaven and hell, but I don't think that one person could have done completely good, or bad deeds, their whole lives. Everyone has a story. A reason for their actions.
In my case, the end justifies the means. I may have helped the most evil man in the world rise to power, but I had my reasons.

The sad thing is, that I may never know who won the war. It does seem silly, dying in battle, but never finding out who was victorious.
I hope it was Harry, that boy has suffered so much, some of his suffering was my fault, I know that. So I want him to defeat the Dark Lord, and then live happily ever after. He deserves that.
My ending isn't going to be like that, but I don't mind. I have committed terrible acts in my life, and now I am going to pay for them.

I guess I should start at the beginning. It's hard to pinpoint the exact moment my life went wrong.
But I guess my story starts on the day I accidently bumped into a small orphan boy, with messy black hair, and broken glasses...