Back to school

I was going to sit with Luna on the Hogwarts Express, as I often did. But when I saw her sitting in the same carriage as Harry, I couldn't bring myself to go in and talk to him.
I knew what my task was, but I couldn't do it then. So I went and sat with the rest of the Ravenclaw girls, in my year instead.
The Sorting Hat's song was longer this year, than it had ever been before. And it spoke about how there should be unity between the four houses.
Which I thought was a joke. As I was aware of the rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin, and I knew those two would never be friends.

My first lesson with the pink tart, Umbridge, was uneventful, and very dull. I may be a Ravenclaw, and love reading books, but that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy doing practical work.
After my duel during the summer, I was anxious to learn some more spells, in case I needed to defend myself again. So when I found out we wouldn't be using magic in Defense Against the Dark Arts, I was not happy.
And when Umbridge told us to come to her, if we heard people spreading lies about Voldemort's return, I had to clench my fists. The Ministry didn't want people to know the truth, even though a student had been murdered last year.
And this made me very angry.

It took me a few weeks, before I felt brave enough to approach Harry. He always looked so moody around school, as people kept giving him a hard time. So it made me even more anxious.
I had even seen him shout at his two best friends on several occassions, so I decided that it was time for me to talk to him, to see if I could make him smile again.
I picked the weekend, while his friends were busy with their prefect duties, to ambush him, while he sat outside in the sun.
"Can I sit with you?" I asked him.
Harry looked up at me and sighed.
"I expect you think I'm a liar, and a freak as well" he said.
"Clearly you didn't hear what I said last year. I don't think that you are a liar, and believe everything you and Dumbledore have been saying".

"Well, you are one of the only people to think that" revealed Harry.
"I don't think that's true. If the Daily Prophet stopped shoving the lies down peoples throats, I know a lot more people would believe you" I told him.
I sat down on the grass, and removed my shoes, enjoying the last of the sun, that we would get that year.
"I looked for you at the beginning of summer, but I couldn't find you" admitted Harry.
"Well, I got adopted by some rich people after the first week. So I've been there all summer" I replied.
"Really? That's good. Isn't it?"
"I guess so..."
"You don't seem too thrilled about it"
"Lets just say, I don't get on with the man of the house".

"I'm sorry" murmered Harry.
"It's not your fault" I said.
"At least you are back here now. Are you glad to be back at Hogwarts?"
"Are you?"
"I thought I was at first. But now I'm not so sure"
"That's understandable... People can be right b*tches sometimes... I hate people".
Harry laughed. "That's such a Ravenclaw thing to say".
"Rude. Not all Ravenclaws dislike people. But it is true that most of us prefer to be independant, rather than working in groups... Cho Chang, in the year above you, goes against that stereotype though. As she is a very social person" I replied.
Harry went red, and I elbowed him.
"You like her don't you?" I questioned.

"How very perceptive of you" he commented.
"I'm good at reading people" I admitted.
"Clearly"
"Just because I am not a very social person, that doesn't mean that I don't want friends"
"Well you can hang out with me, if you want to. I don't think I have many friends at the moment. One of my own room mates thinks I'm crazy"
"So do some of my room mates, they think you are an attention seeking liar"
"Thanks"
"But I don't. I know you are telling the truth about Voldemort"
"You aren't scared of his name?"
"I was raised as a muggle Harry, like you. It changes the way we view things"
"Yeah, I guess it does".

"Look, I've got to get back inside, but if you ever need someone to talk to, or study with, you know where to find me" I encouarged him.
"Yeah. Thanks Zoe" he replied, smiling at me for the first time.
"You're welcome Harry. And if you ever need someone to practice potions with, then come to me. I'm a pro, and I hear that it's not your strongest subject"
"Well that's true. But it's only cos Snape is a terrible teacher, who hates me"
"Hey, no dissing my favourite teacher"
"I don't know how you like that guy"
"Well you don't know him like I do"
"Obviously not".

After that me and Harry started to become close again. Talking to each other almost every day, and hanging out at the weekends.
And when Harry decided to start an illegal, secret duelling club, I was one of the first people he told.