Reunion

I decided to bump into Harry, some time before the first task of the Triwizard Tournament. When we collided, Harry shouted at me, for not looking where I was going, before doing a double take, when he saw my face.
"Hey Harry" I said cheerfully.
Harry's jaw dropped, and I bent down to pick up my potions book, that had fallen onto the floor, when I bumped into Harry.
"You're here" stuttered Harry.
I rolled my eyes and smiled, Harry had never been the brightest button in the box.
"Yes, it's me Harry, I'm here" I replied.
"You're at Hogwarts, you're... You are in Ravenclaw"
"Yep. Wit beyound measure is a man's greatest treasure. Or something like that".

"I haven't seen you in years" admitted Harry.
"Yeah. After your 11th birthday you completely blanked me. I mean, I get it. Coming here must have been a big shock. It was for me too. And when I found out that you were here as well..."
"Wait. You knew I was here?" interupted Harry.
"Yeah. A girl in my year, named Ginny, told me about the famous Harry Potter, on the train in our first year" I replied.
"Then why didn't you talk to me sooner?"
"I don't know Harry. I guess you seemed happy with your new mates, and I didn't want to intrude"
"That is a rubbish excuse"
"Yeah, I guess it it".

"Why did you decide to talk to me this year then?" Asked Harry curiously.
"Because for the first time, you seemed sad and lonely" I answered.
Harry looked at his feet sadly.
"Everyone thinks I put my name in the Goblet of Fire, to take the glory away from Cedric. Which is wrong. I didn't put my name in the cup"
"I know. You don't have to explain yourself to me"
"How do you know I didn't do it?"
"Several reasons. The main one being, I don't think that you are a liar. And even if you were, I'm good at spotting lies, when they're being told to me.
Another thing that gave you away, was your surprised expression when the Goblet spat your name out. Seriously, you should've seen your face. It was a picture".

"I still don't understand how you are here, and why I've never seen you before?" Quizzed Harry.
"I got here the same way everyone else does I guess. Someone showed up at the orphanage, handed me my Hogwarts letter, and now I'm here" I replied.
"Yes. But why haven't I bumped into you before?"
"I don't know Harry. I mean, we aren't in the same year, or the same house, so our paths don't cross that often"
"I guess not"
"And the real reason you didn't see me, is that you weren't there during my sorting. Weren't you driving a flying car into the Womping Willow, or something like that, at the time?".

Harry grinned. "I was, yeah".
I chuckled. "You always seem to be in trouble, or in the middle of a plan that will get you into trouble".
"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me"
"I guess that's true. You are like a beacon, that all bad things gravitate towards"
"Yeah. It sucks"
"Like this tournament for example. Of course your name would get picked out, even though you are too young to compete"
"Sometimes I just wish I had a quiet life".

I smiled symphathetically.
"At least your parents were great people, who died trying to save you. That's something you can be proud of" I praised.
Harry raised an eyebrow. "What happened to your parents? Did they have magic?".
"Yes, Harry. They did"
"Well, where did they go?"
"I don't want to talk about it Harry. Lets just say, they weren't good people".
Harry lowered his voice and got closer to me.
"Were they Death Eaters?" He whispered.
I looked around to check that no one was watching me, and I nodded.
"My father was killed by Aurors, and my mum died in Azkaban not long after" I revealed.

Harry took a step back, as if suddenly afraid of me.
"But that doesn't change anything between us, right? We are still friends?" I questioned.
Harry thought for a moment, before nodding.
"Yeah. I guess so. You aren't your parents. And you're not even in Slytherin" he replied.
I smiled, glad that he didn't hate me.
"Good. Well, I'll see you around, Harry Potter" I said, as I began to turn around.
"Bye Zoe. Don't be a stranger" Harry replied, waving me goodbye.

Me and Harry stayed on good terms that year, but we weren't as close as we had once been. We didn't really become good friends again, until his 5th year, and my 4th.
But even our reason for becomming friends again, was a lie.