Fighting for our lives

The next few minutes all happened in a blur. I don't remember how it happened, but eventually we joined up with the others. However, we had casualties.
Hermione and Ginny were both unconscious, lying next to each other. Luna had been thrown into a table, and lay beside it, unmoving.
Something weird had happened to Ron, and he had gone all funny. He had then summoned some brains, from one of the large tanks, we had seen when we entered the Department of Mysteries. And it was now in the process of suffocating him.
Neville had had his wand broken, not that he could speak anyway, as he had been hit in the face, so his speech was slurred.
This left just me and Harry in fighting condition.

The Death Eaters hadn't been aiming their spells at me, but they had been firing them near me, so it looked as if they were trying to hit me. Even though they weren't.
With our friends either unconscious, or not capable of fighting, when the Death Eaters surrounded us, there was really no hope.
But Harry was refusing to back down.
"Potter, your race is run. Now hand me the prophecy, like a good boy" said Lucius.
"Let the others go, and I'll give it to you" replied Harry, desperately.
"You are in no position to bargain, Potter. As you see, there are are 10 of us, and one of you" mocked Lucius.
"He's dot alone. He's still god me, and her" mumbled Neville, who appeared from behind me, brandishing Hermione's wand. I really wish he hadn't mentioned me, as it drew attention to the fact that I hadn't really been fighting.
"Stubefy!" He shouted, which unfortunately, had no effect.

One of the Death Eaters grabbed hold of Neville, who struggled and kicked, causing several Death Eaters to laugh.
"It's Longbottom isn't it? Well, your grandmother is used to losing family members to our cause... your death will not come as a great shock" sneered Lucius.
This was not part of my deal. I didn't think anyone was going to die because of me. But it was too late to pull out.
"Longbottom? Why, I had the pleasure of meeting your parents" mocked Bellatrix.
"I doe you hab!" Roared Neville, madly.
"Now, lets see how long Longbottom lasts, before he cracks like his parents... unless Potter wants to give us the prophecy" suggested Bellatrix.

"Don'd gib id do dem Harry!" Shouted Neville.
"Crucio" said Bellatrix, pointing her wand at Neville.
He screamed loudly, drawing his legs up to his chest, forcing the Death Eater holding him, to let him go. Neville then fell to the floor twitching, and screaming in agony.
I couldn't watch, so I turned my head away, and I was the first to see 5 people enter the room. Three of which I recognised; Sirius Black, Professor Lupin, and Professor Moody.
They immediately sent spells at the Death Eaters, allowing us to grab Neville, and hide behind a large rock.
"Are you O.K?" Harry asked him.
But before Neville could answer, the floor in front of us suddenly exploded, forcing us out into the open.

"Harry give me the prophecy. They'll go after you, and I will be able to get it out of here" I suggested, having to shout over all the noise in the room.
Lucius may not be sticking to the plan, but I still had a job to do. I had vowed to do my best to get the prophecy, and I knew I had to stick to it, or I would die.
"No, it's too dangerous. I don't want you getting hurt, because of this thing. It stays with me" Harry shouted back.
"Stop being so noble Harry, and give me the blasted thing" I replied.
I have no idea if Harry would've given the prophecy to me, because I saw a stray spell heading our way, that changed everything. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't let Harry get hurt.
I shoved him to the ground, taking the spell directly to my stomach, causing me to fall the floor, and loose consciousness.

When I next woke up, I was in more pain than I had ever been in my whole life. I began to scream uncontrollably, until I lost consciousness again.
The next time I woke up, a strange woman in white was leaning over me. My vision was blurred, and all I could think about was the pain in my stomach.
The woman brought a spoon to my mouth, and forced me to drink some liquid, but I couldn't tell what it was. A few moments later my eyelids felt heavy, and I drifted back to sleep.