All over

Sitting on a bed, in St Mungo's, I witnessed a miracle. Of their own free will, Harry and Draco shook hands.
I knew how much they both hated each other, but they decided to put their differences aside, for me. Choosing to fight against one another, no longer.
This made my life much easier.
Their rivalry, had always made things difficult for me, as I cared for both of them. But they've decided to put their past behind them, and move on.
"That is a sight, I never thought I'd see".
Draco and Harry stepped apart, and I wished that I hadn't said anything.
"This doesn't mean that we are going to be friends or anything" replied Draco quickly.
"I know that. There is too much history between you two, for you ever to be friends. But at least you will stop trying to kill each other now".

"Hey, I saved his life twice during that battle. You should be thanking me" declared Harry.
"Yes, but you did almost kill him last year. You sliced him up like a piece of meat. Draco is lucky to be alive. It's a good thing Snape was nearby... Where is he anyway? He hasn't come to visit me yet" I replied.
Harry and Draco exchanged a look, and I knew they were hiding something.
"Look, Zoe... Snape, didn't make it. Voldemort killed him, because he thought it would make the Elder wand, obey him. But it didn't" Harry explained.
"Snape is dead?"
"I'm sorry. I know you two were close"
"It's fine... I just wish you'd told me sooner. Is there anything else you're hiding from me?"
"No. Not that I can think of"
"Good".

"How's your head?" Draco asked.
"The healers here are amazing, they patched me up in seconds" I answered.
"And your chest?"
"It's getting better. The healers want to keep me under observation for the rest of the day though. Just to make sure, I really am O.K... How many died in the battle, from our side?".
"The death toll is around 50" Harry answered.
"Oh... Well I assume that more Death Eater's died, than students"
"Yes. A lot more deaths on their side".
I looked down at the Mark on my arm, marking me as a Death Eater. It had faded slightly, since Voldemort's death. But I knew it would never fade completely.
Voldemort burns it onto your skin, so that it will never fade. You have it for life.

"What's happened to the Ministry, and the school?" I questioned.
"Well, Kingsley has been made temporary Minister for Magic, and Professor McGonagall is the new Headmistress, of Hogwarts" Harry answered.
"That's good. She deserves it"
"Yeah, I thought so too"
"Is Luna alright, I haven't seen her?"
"Yeah, she's fine. I'n sure she'll come and see you soon"
"Good. I didn't want her to get hurt"
"I know. You did well looking after her, while she was at Malfoy Manor"
"Well, I couldn't let her suffer. I had to help her. Even if I didn't have a wand"
"Oh, that reminds me. We found this, it had fallen a few feet from where you had landed".
Harry took my wand from his pocket, and handed it back to me.

"Thank you Harry" I said, placing my wand on the table beside my bed.
Draco stepped closer to me, and pulled down his cloak, that was wrapped tightly around his chest. Revealing a black cat.
"Star!" I gasped.
"Shhh. I don't think pets are allowed in the hospital. But I had to sneak her in here, to see you" whispered Draco.
I scratched her little head, and she purred softly.
"Thank you Draco".
"You're welcome. I checked on Peace as well, before I came. He seemed fine, just a little annoyed at all the noise"
"That's good. I hope everyone elses pets survived the battle too".

"I lost Hedwig" said Harry, quietly.
"Oh Harry. I'm so sorry" I replied.
"It's O.K. She got hit by a stray spell, when we were ambushed, by Death Eaters, on the way to the Burrow"
"I'm sorry... Please let me buy you a replacement owl, to make up for all the bad things I did"
"There's no need"
"But I want to...".
My mind suddenly thought back to all the things I had been forced to do, for the Death Eaters. Now that the war was over, I was likely to be punished for those things, by the newly reformed, Ministry of Magic.
And so was Draco.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked, noticing the fear in my face.
"Harry, I've done bad things over the past few years. I didn't have a choice. But I still did those things... What if the Ministry doesn't see it that way? What if they think I wanted to do those bad things? Will they send me to Azkaban?" I asked nervously.
"No! I promise you Zoe. You will not go to Azkaban" said Harry, defiantly.
"How do you know?" I quizzed.
"You only acted out of fear. You aren't really a threat to the Wizarding community..."
"They don't know that"
"Maybe not, but I do. I'm going to speak to the Minister, to make sure you don't get punished".

"Will he listen to you?" I asked nervously.
"I should think so. I just defeated Voldemort for the 2nd time. Being the boy who lived, has got to have some perks" replied Harry.
"What about Draco? He did bad things too. Will you speak out to defend him as well?"
"Yes... I don't plan on letting either of you go to Azkaban"
"And Draco's parents?"
"I didn't think you cared about Lucius"
"I don't... But Narcissa does, and I don't want her to be unhappy"
"Very well. I won't let any of the Malfoy's end up in prison. Happy now?".
"Yes. Thank you Harry" I said, finally letting myself smile again.

"Is it really over?" I questioned.
"Yes, I think it is. Now things can finally get back to normal" replied Harry.
"Normal. I'm not sure I know what normal is any more"
"Neither do I. But I guess we are both going to have to find out"
"Yeah. I guess we are. All three of us are going to have to find something to do with our lives, now that there is no evil in the world"
"Yep... And I guess what you are going to do, has something to do with Potions, right?"
"You know me too well, Potter".
With Voldemort finally dead, a whole load of opportunities, were now open to me.
I could do anything I wanted. Go anywhere I wanted. And live my life, the way I wanted to.