The surprise guest

When I returned for the Easter holidays, I was surprised to find that Luna was still our prisoner. It had been many months since Christmas, and I was repulsed to find that she was still being kept in the basement. Along with Ollivander the wandmaker, who has been down there, even longer than Luna.
As time goes on, I'm beginning to forget what the world was like before. It's been 3 years since Voldemort returned. But it feels like much longer.
I knew I must have been happy once, but I can barely remember it.

It had started out as another boring day, just the same as all the rest. I was reading one of my school textbooks in the drawing room, with Draco. When Narcissa suddenly walked in with Fenir Greyback and a group of Snatchers.
We all rose from our chairs, including Lucius, who had been sitting in the corner.
"What is this?" Questioned Lucius, stepping towards the group.
"They say they've got Potter" replied Narcissa.

I looked behind the Snatchers, and saw a group of prisoners, one of which was a Goblin. I recognised Ron and Hermione immediately, though they looked a bit more rough around the edges than I remembered. And I saw that Dean Thomas was also alongside them, not looking to good.
Greyback pulled one of the prisoners forward, and if I hadn't known it was Harry, I never would've guessed it was him.
His face was all swollen and covered in mud, and blood.

Narcissa motioned for me and Draco to get closer, clearly she wanted us to decide if it really was Harry.
"Well?" Rasped Greyback.
"Draco, if you say anything, I will never talk to you again" I warned Draco, inside his head.
"Well Draco? Is it him, is it Harry Potter?" Asked Lucius.
"I- I can't be sure" stuttered Draco.
"Well look carefully. If we are the ones to hand him in, everything will go back to the way it was" replied Lucius.
"You won't be forgetting who really caught him, I hope, Mr Malfoy" said Greyback menacingly.
"No, of course not... What did you do to him? How did he get into this state?"
"That wasn't us"
"Looks more like a Stinging jinx to me... There is something there. It could be the scar. Draco, what do you think".

Draco couldn't seem to look at Harry properly, as my threat was still ringing in his ears.
"I don't know" he admitted.
"We had better be certain, before we summon the Dark Lord... They say this is his wand, but it doesn't match the description Ollivander gave. If we are mistaken, if we call the Dark Lord here for no reason... remember what happened to Rowle and Dolohov" mumbled Narcissa.
I looked at the wand she was holding, that was apparently Harry's, but I didn't recognise it. I had been Harry's friend for ages, I knew what his wand looked like, and that was not it.
"Narcissa. I know what Harry's wand looks like, and that is not his" I told her.

"You wouldn't be lying to save your old friend would you?" Quizzed Bellatrix, who had just entered the room.
"I'm not lying. I can't tell if that person is Harry or not. But I'm telling you that, that, isn't his wand" I snapped at her.
Bellatrix walked into the room, and approached the prisoners.
"But surely, this is the Mudblood girl. And this is Arthur Weasley's son... Which means that this is Potter. I shall summon the Dark Lord at once" announced Bellatrix excitedly.
"I shall do it. This is my house, Bella. Potter has been brought to my house, and is therefore upon my authority..." began Lucius.
"Your authority? You lost your authority when you lost your wand Lucius. You...".

Bellatrix falted, and stared at one of the Snatchers.
"Stop! Do you not summon him. We shall all perish if the Dark Lord comes now. What is that?" She demanded, pointing at the Snatcher.
"Sword. Found it in their tent. It's mine now" he answered.
Bellatrix didn't like this answer. She stunned all of the Snatchers, and took the sword from the one who had been holding it.
"Draco. Take this scum outside. If you haven't got the guts to finish them off, leave them for me" she ordered, indicating to the unconscious men.
"Don't you dare speak to Draco like that!" Shouted Narcissa.

"Be quiet. The situation is graver than you might imagine Cissy. If this is indeed Potter, then he mustn't be harmed... The prisoners must be placed in the cellar, while I think of what to do" instructed Bellatrix.
"This is my house Bella, you do not give the orders" snapped Narcissa.
"Do it. You have no idea of the danger, we are in".
Narcissa frowned, before addressing Greyback.
"Take the prisoners down to the cellar, Greyback" she ordered.
"Wait! Leave me the Mudblood. I have a few questions for her. If she dies under questioning, I'll take the blood traitor next" shouted Bellatrix, pointing at Hermione, and then Ron.

Greyback cut Hermione free, then dragged Harry and the others away, kicking and screaming.
Once they were out of sight, Bellatrix began to torture Hermione. Who released a terrible drawn out scream.
"I can't watch this" I said to Narcissa.
She nodded her head, and allowed me to leave the room, in the opposite direction that Greyback had gone.
Afterall, I wasn't much of threat without a wand.
But instead of going towards my bedroom, I made my way down to the cellar, the back way.