My Purpose

My first few days in the mansion, weren't too terrible. After failing to make conversation with me, the Malfoy's gave up trying, which I appriciated.
But after a week of living with them, I was still no closer to wondering why they had taken me from the orphanage.
When I decided not to ignore them, and ask them some questions, they never gave me any answers. So I gave up asking.
I was allowed to explore the manor, and the gardens, since I couldn't escape without my wand. And the gardens were nice, but they felt more at home in a gardening show, rather than behind someones house.
I hadn't seen anyone enter the house, apart from the Malfoys. But I knew their Death Eater friends had to be hiding somewhere.

When I was called into one of the conference rooms one day, I knew it wasn't for anything good. As Narcissa looked incredibly tense, when she told me what time the meeting would be taking place.
I was expecting to talk to Lucius, and maybe another Death Eater or two, to find out why I was there.
I had not been expecting to meet the main man himself. After hearing so much about him, I'm sad to say, that he did not dissappoint.
At first it was just me and the Malfoy's in the room, minus Draco, but neither of them said anything when I arrived, so I assumed that we were waiting for someone else to turn up.
And I was right.

I had my back to the door, when Voldemort entered the room, but I could feel him behind me, and I knew who it was, without having to turn around.
My whole body tensed, and I felt a cold chill run up my spine. It felt like the grim reaper had entered the room. It's the only way I can describe it.
I took a step forward, and then turned around slowly, coming face to face with the Lord of evil himself.
He wore a long black cloak to try and cover his pale, ghost like skin. But the most striking things about his appearance, were his slits instead of a nose, and his startling red eyes.
I gulped, and clenched my fists, unsure of what to say or do in his presence.
The Malfoys gave him a small bow, but I did not.

Voldemort gave me a cruel smile, before opening his mouth, and speaking for the first time.
"So... This is the famous Zoe Rosier I have heard so much about".
His voice made me shiver again. It was so cold and unforgiving.
I wanted to take a step back, but there was a table behind me, and I didn't want to seem like a coward, by retreating.
"I'm sure you are wondering why I asked Lucius to bring you here" he continued.
I didn't know whether he had cast a spell on me to stop me replying, or whether I just couldn't speak out of fear.
I nodded my head, and he smiled again.

"As I'm sure you are aware, your parents were old friends of mine. They were killed during the first wizarding war, leaving you, an orphan".
There was no sympathy in his voice. And when he spoke about my parents, as old friends of his, I knew he was lying, as I doubt that he had never had a real friend, in his life.
The way Lucius was so afraid of him, gave it away. Voldemort treated his followers as assistants, nothing more.
"Now that I have risen again, I plan to overthrow the Ministry who killed your parents, and left you alone, with those muggles. I was hoping you would join my cause, and avenge them" he continued.

I raised an eyebrow. Surely Voldemort didn't think I'd join him, out of my own free will.
I didn't reply, but my silence gave him his answer.
"Such a shame. I hoped you would be like them. Your parents were such great people" he sighed.
I finally got the courage to say something to him, so I took a deep breath, and mumbled something back.
"I'm a Ravenclaw".
This seemed to make him laugh. But it was more of a cruel cackle, and not something I ever wanted to hear again.
"Yes. You certainly are. You chose the persuit of knowledge, rather than following in your parents footsteps, which I admire".

"Um. My Lord. Why don't you tell the girl, why she is here?" stuttered Lucius.
"Ah Lucius. What a wonderful idea. Well Miss Rosier, as you are probably aware, our kind is dying out. There are less pure bloods in the world now, than there should be. And you are going to help us change that" replied Voldemort.
I didn't understand what he meant by that, but I still didn't like it.
"I don't understand" I told him.
"It's simple my dear. You are going to bring many more pure bloods into the world, with the help of young mister Malfoy" he answered.

It took me a few seconds to understand what he meant, and when I did, it made me feel sick. I was 14, and having children was certainly not on my radar.
I also wasn't a racist, so I didn't care who I fell in love with. Muggle, half-blood, squib, it didn't matter to me.
Draco was also a year older than me, and that felt like a lot at the time. I also despised him, as he was a bully, and a show off.
"I won't do it" I said defiantly.
"It is an honor to serve the Dark Lord" snapped Lucius.
"I don't care. I am not having a child with Draco. Not now, not ever" I replied.
"What makes you think you have any say in the matter?" Questioned Voldemort.

I looked over at Narcissa, hoping that the only other female in the room would back me up, but she couldn't even look at me.
"Draco has agreed to this?" I asked.
"Draco will do what is expected of him, and so will you" answered Lucius.
"I won't!" I shouted.
"Yes you will. By the end of the summer, you will be pregnant with the next Malfoy in the family, and once you are 16 you will marry my son"
"I'd rather die"
"That can be arranged. But do you also wish the deaths of your precious cat, your house elf, and all your friends?".
I didn't really want to die, but it seemed like the best thing to say at the time. But knowing that everyone I cared about, had their lives on the line, scared me.
I knew that I had no choice. I would have to have Draco's child. And eventually, I would become his wife.