Hide and seek

As soon as I got back to Hogwarts, I kept expecting Harry to express some interest in the Department of Mysteries. But he didn't. At least not to me.
It wasn't until mid June, after Harry's History of Magic exam, that he finally mentioned going to the Ministry.
I had been planning to meet up with him, after his exam, to talk about how it went. But instead, I saw him running along the corridor in front of me, with Ron and Hermione at his heel.
I stepped behind them, and began to follow them. Though I struggled to keep up with their pace, as I was 6 months pregnant.
"Hey! What's the rush?" I asked them.

Harry didn't seem to hear me, as he ignored me, and continued his conversation with the others.
"We have to go now Hermione. He's torturing Sirius now!" Harry shouted.
I didn't know who he was talking about, but I thought it was best not to intrude. Harry seemed to be very frustraited about something. And I didn't want to get shouted at as well.
"Sirius told you that you needed to learn how to close your mind" said Hermione calmly.
"Well I expect he'd say something different, if he knew what I had just seen!" Harry snapped back.
In the next corridor we bumped into Luna and Ginny, who had heard Harry's shouts, from quite far away.
"We recognised Harry's voice. What are you yelling about?" Ginny asked.

Eventually it all came spilling out. Harry had had a vision of someone named Sirius, being tortured by Voldemort, in the Department of Mysteries. Harry clearly cared about this man, and Voldemort was using him to get Harry to go where he wanted him to.
And I had to go along with it.
"Harry. We have to check whether Sirius has really left Headquarters. We'll have to use Umbridge's fireplace, as it's the only one not being watched" Hermione suggested.
After a lot of arguing, Harry agreed to check first, before running off to London. I didn't mind the delay, as I wasn't really looking forward to what I would have to do in the Ministry.

Our group ended up splitting up, but I made sure that I was with Harry, as I couldn't risk him going to London, without me.
Ron went to go and distract Umbridge, while Ginny and Luna stopped other students from entering the corridor around Umbridge's office.
That left me, Hermione, and Harry to enter Umbridge's office, and use her fireplace, to contact this Sirius bloke. We snuck inside, using an invisibility cloak, that I didn't even know Harry had.
Once inside the room we pulled off the cloak, and Harry dived towards the fireplace. Hermione turned her back to him, and kept watch by the door.
I decided to examine the cloak, as I had never seen anything like it before, and it intreged me.

This was apparently a good move, on my part. As a few seconds later, the door blasted open, and I barely had enough time to throw the cloak over myself, before Umbridge and the Inquisitorial Squad entered the room.
Umbridge marched towards Harry, and pulled his head out of the fire, dragging him back into the room.
She took Harry's wand, and gave it to Draco, who then took Hermione's wand as well.
More Slytherin's entered the room, each holding one of Harry's friends.
"Caught this one trying to help the Weasley girl" said Warrington, pointing at Neville Longbottom, who looked very confused, as he hadn't been a part of our plan.
While Umbridge went into some long speech about how amazing she was. I tried to think of a way to get us all out, alive.
Unknowingly, Draco had accidently ruined his father's mission, and it was down to me to try and get everything back on track.

I was snapped back to the present, when I heard Umbridge mention Snape.
A few moments later, my favourite teacher entered the room.
"Ah Professor Snape. I would like another bottle of Veritaserum" said Umbridge, smiling widely.
"You took my last bottle to interrogate Potter, and I don't have any more. So unless you wish to poison him, I'm afraid I can be of no help to you" replied Snape.
I smiled beneath the cloak. I knew for a fact that Snape was lying, as I had seen the potion a few days before, in Snape's storeroom.
He may hate Harry, but he was being deliberately unhelpful to Umbridge, which I was greatful for.

Harry then shouted out a load of words that meant nothing to me, nor apparently anyone else in the room.
"He's got Padfoot. He's got Padfoot, in the place where it's hidden".
"What is he talking about Snape?" Asked Umbridge.
"I have no idea" replied Snape, as he left the room.
"Well then. You have left me with no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue" said Umbridge quietly.
I had to place my hand over my mouth, to stop myself from shouting.
I knew she was bad, but I never thought she would go that far.

"It's illegal" shouted Hermione desperately.
"What Cornelius doesn't know, won't hurt him" muttered Umbridge.
She removed her wand and pointed it threateningly at Harry, and I was frozen. I had no idea what to do.
Luckily Hermione wasn't.
"Stop! Tell her Harry. Tell her about the weapon" yelled Hermione.
I had no idea what she was talking about, but whatever it was, it got Umbridge excited. While she was distracted, I crept over to Draco, and took Harry's and Hermione's wands from his pocket.
"You've been hiding a secret weapon for Dumbledore haven't you?" Questioned Umbridge.
"Yes" lied Hermione.
"Well then. Lead me to this weapon Granger, Potter, you are coming too".

I didn't want to leave the others with the Inquisitorial Squad, but I had to follow Harry and keep him safe.
I kept my distance, under the cloak, while Umbridge and Hermione argued with a group of rather bad tempered Centaurs. And when Umbridge was carried away by them, I did a little jump for joy, glad to finally be rid of the beast.
I nearly screamed out loud though, when I saw a giant approaching, but he distracted the centaurs, allowing Hermione and Harry to slip away.
Once I was certain it was safe, I removed the cloak and revealed myself to the pair, almost giving Hermione a heartattack.

"I wondered where you went" said Harry, as I handed him back his wand.
"I was lucky that I had the cloak in my hands, when Umbridge walked in" I replied.
Hermione took her wand from me, and frowned.
"You could've been a bit more helpful though" she complained.
"I was vastly outnumbered, so I thought it was best if I just hid under the cloak, and kept quiet. But I did get your wands for you"
"Yeah. Great help".
"Alright you two, stop arguing. We've got to get the others, and then we've got to save Sirius" interupted Harry.
"No need. Look" I replied, pointing to the opening of the forest. Where Ron, Luna, Ginny, and Neville had just entered from.
It turns out that they didn't need saving afterall.