No turning back

Once the news of Draco's duel with Harry became public knowledge, I had to leave his bedside. I knew that his cronies would be arriving, and I didn't fancy being confronted by a group of Slytherins. As our relationship was a secret, and I didn't want Pansy's feelings for Draco to complicate things. So I knew it was best, if I just left them to it.
Harry kept trying to apologise to me, by sending me letters each morning. I read the first one, but I didn't reply. And when they kept coming, I stopped reading them, and burned them instead.
I could never forgive Harry for what he did, and detention didn't seem like a bad enough punishment, for his actions.

He ended up missing the last Quidditch game of the year, which hurt him, since he was the captain. But Gryffindor won anyway, so it didn't make much difference.
He started dating Ginny Weasley after the game, as she was the one who caught the Snitch.
I was happy for Ginny, as she was a friend, and I knew that she had had a crush on Harry for years. But I didn't like the idea of Harry being happy.
I wanted him to be miserable.

A few weeks after the incident, I heard a tapping at my window one night. Everyone else in my dorm was asleep, though I noticed that Luna was not in her bed.
I crept out of my bed, and headed towards my window, where I saw an owl trying to get in. I quickly opened it, and took the letter that the owl was carrying.

It's time. Meet me by the Room of Requirement.
D

I knew that the note was from Draco, so I began to get dressed as quickly and as quietly as possible. Draco had said that he would contact me when he had succeeded in his task. And tonight was the night.
I had to tip-toe around the school, to make sure that I didn't get caught. Eventually I found Draco waiting for me, beside the Room of Requirement.
"You came" he said quietly.
"Well you did ask me to come" I replied.
"I shouldn't have done. It's not too late for you to back out".
I placed my fingers through his, and squeezed his hand tight.
"Not going to happen" I told him.

Draco turned to face the blank wall, and began to think of the place he wanted it to become. Once a door had appeared we both entered, and I gasped loudly.
The room was full of junk, and it looked completely different to how it had looked during DA meetings. It was covered in everything from brooms, to chairs, to empty Sherry bottles.
Draco began to lead me towards what looked like a big cupboard.
"This is a Vanishing Cabinet. If there is a twin, it forms a passageway. Allowing you to get from one place to another. I've been fixing it all year" he explained.
"Where is the twin?" I asked.
"Borgin and Burkes"
"So Bellatrix and the others will be coming here any minute?"
"Yes".

When the cabinet door began to open from the inside, we both took a step back, allowing the Death Eaters to step out.
Bellatrix and Fenir Greyback were the only ones I could name, but I recognised the others, from their meetings at Malfoy Manor.
Draco turned his back to them, and began to lead the way out of the room. Once the two of us were outside, he checked that the corridor was clear, before removing a hidious shriveled hand from his pocket.
"What is that?" I questioned.
"It's called the Hand of Glory. It offers light, only to the beholder" he answered.
"How will the rest of us see?"
"Just stick by me, and you'll be fine".

He removed a strange black rock like object, from his other pocket and threw it on the floor. Suddenly the world went dark, and I couldn't see my own hand in front of my face.
Draco took my hand, and began to pull me through the dark. I heard the shuffling of Death Eaters behind me, and I realised that the darkness was covering their exits from the Room of Requirement.
When the darkness began to dissolve, I realised that we were heading up the Astronomy Tower. But I had no idea why.

I spell suddenly shot passed me, breaking up the silence, and separating us from the Death Eaters. Draco pulled harder on my arm, as he tried to drag me out of harms way, and towards the steps.
Once we were safe, he removed his wand, and placed his finger on his lips, telling me to be quiet.
He then stepped into the tower, and instantly cast a spell at whoever was hiding there.
"Expelliarmus" he shouted, disarming the figure in the shadows.
I stepped out from behind Draco, and saw Professor Dumbledore standing alone, and wandless. Although he looked weak and ill, Dumbledore showed no signs of fear.
I looked at Draco, who's wand was still raised, and I realised what was about to happen. I was about to watch the boy I loved, become a killer.