St Mungo's

Living on the streets was harder than I thought it was going to be, even with Saffy helping me. Several times I caught sight of the police, and had to hide. Being a witch runaway was twice as hard, as you had two sides trying to find you.
The muggle police, and the Death Eaters.
I managed to survive nearly two weeks on my own, before things went down hill.
I had seen Lucius Malfoy hanging around the place where I had been staying, so I decided it was time to leave.
I found an old abandoned building nearby, which I decided would suit my needs, just fine. It was the hottest summer in years, so I didn't have to worry about getting cold at night.

During my first night in the old building, I was awoken by the sound of footsteps. I clutched my wand tightly, and rolled behind a broken table.
I focused my hearing, trying to work out where the footsteps were coming from. From what I could hear, there seemed to be several different pairs of footsteps, coming from different directions.
I looked in a mirror, that lay on the floor, and watched as several masked men entered the room. I recognised the masks, as I had seen images of them before, in the Daily Prophet after the Death Eater attack, during the Quidditch world cup.
As these men were Death Eaters, it meant that I could use my wand, without feeling bad that I was attacking muggles, who couldn't fight back.

Of course the fighting advantage was with the group of highly trained, evil wizard Nazi's, and not the teenage, unqualified girl. But still, I had hope that I would be able to outsmart them, and get away.
How nïave I was.
But, I did have the element of surprise, as the Death Eaters had not expected me to attack them first.
I jumped up and fired the stunning curse at the first person I saw. And to my surprise, I actually hit him.
Unfortunately that was where my luck ran out.
Spells began to fly in every direction, smashing up the already crumbling building. And I started choosing flight over fight.
Caring less about fighting, and more about, how can I escape this room and get away?

I was a highly talented Ravenclaw, one of the best in my year. But I'm really not built for combat. Dueling has never been my strong point, as I'm much more of an intellectual.
I have always felt much happier, and safer in the potion dungeons, with Snape.
And here I was, taking part in a real duel, with real bad guys.
I don't really remember the rest of the fight, as the ceiling caved in, crushing me underneath a mass of wood and metal.
When I woke up, I was in St Mungo's for the first time, and Lucius Malfoy was standing over me.

I placed my hand into my pocket to remove my wand, but I couldn't find it. I also appeared to be wearing a pair of pajamas, I could swear I didn't own.
"I wouldn't even try running if I were you" sneered Lucius Malfoy.
He had correctly guessed the next thought that had popped into my head.
"Where am I?" I demanded.
"St Mungo's. You were injured when you climbed into a falling down building" he answered.
I opened my mouth to disagree, but his stern glare stopped me in my tracks.

"Good. It would be best for you to do exactly as I say, if you want to have a peaceful life" he continued.
"What do I have to do?" I asked, through gritted teeth.
"A Ministry official will be here, in a few minutes, to ask you what happened, and why you ran away. You must not tell him the truth. Make up any lie you like, as long as it is believeable, and label's me as the hero"
"I'm not a good liar"
"I know that's not true".
I sighed deeply and nodded. Lucius smiled, and pushed the curtain back from around my bed.

Seeing that I was awake, a healer, and a man in a suit, who I assumed was the Ministry official came towards us.
"Ah. Miss Rosier, you are awake" he said.
I wanted to snap back, well obviously. But I didn't think that now was the right time, for cocky remarks.
"Yes sir" I replied, doing my best innocent smile.
"Good good. Now, you are probably wondering why I am here, but I'm sure a smart girl like you can put two and two together. You used magic in your orphanage, a very good summoning charm, I might add. But as you know, using magic outside of school is illegal" he explained.

I was well aware of that law, as it was the bane of my life.
"Yes sir. I am aware of the law. But I was lead to believe that magic can be used in life theatening situations, if necessary" I said sweetly.
"Well, yes, exceptions can be made, if a student finds themselves in danger. So you admit that you were in danger, which is why you used magic, before running away?" Quizzed the man.
I nodded and then went into some long complicated story, about how I was attacked by a muggle man, who tried to kidnap me in the orphanage. Which is why I used magic, and was too scared to go back.
I was in tears by the end of my own story, and slightly scared by my own ability to lie so well.

The Ministry man, and the healer absorbed all my lies, and became saddened by my story. Lucius on the other hand, just stared at me, as if intriged by what I was coming up with, but not all that affected.
When I finished, the man dabbed a tear away from his eye, and patted Lucius on the back.
"My poor child, you have been through so much. The Ministry of course won't be taking any further action against you. I'm satisfied you didn't risk the exposure of our world. And you only used magic to save yourself from certain death" he said.
"Thank you sir" I replied greatful that I wasn't being punished.
"You're welcome. You are so brave my child. And you too Lucius, climbing into a falling down building just to save this girl. You are an inspiration to us all" he continued.

Lucius looked smug, and I didn't like it.
"Thank you sir. I didn't know what I would do if anything happened to her. Me and my wife were planning to adopt her afterall" boasted Lucius.
"Well then. What a happy end, to a sad story" replied the Ministry official.
He then said his goodbyes, and left with the healer.
"That was a nice little story. A bit too elaborate. But it'll do" sneered Lucius.
"I'm sorry. Once I started on the lie, it all came spilling out" I apologised.
"Doesn't matter now. While I talk to the healers about letting you go, you get dressed. Your clothes are in the top drawer"
"Where are we going?"
"My house of course. Malfoy Manor".