The Big House

It didn't take long for me to pack up everything I owned at the orphanage, orphans don't have much stuff. So it all fitted into 2 suitcases and a rucksack.
After my first year at Hogwarts, I had asked Saffy to take me to my house, but I left within 5 minutes. The place had a dark feel to it, and I knew that I didn't belong there.
So I left, without bringing any family items back with me, which had been the plan.
Lucius Malfoy didn't say one word to me during the car journey, to the Malfoy Manor. He had managed to hire one of the Ministry's car's for the afternoon, thanks to his heroism, in saving me.
The driver was silent during the drive, making our car journey through the countryside, a long an awkward one.

When we arrived, I couldn't help but gasp. I hadn't never seen a house than big, except on TV, and I didn't know they existed in real life.
Lucius smiled smugly at my expression, and pointed the way with his cane. I pulled my attention away from the outside, and focused on walking towards the house. If house was the right word. Mansion, seemed more fitting.
When we entered the building, I saw Lucius's wife and son, standing in the hallway, by the grand staircase.
"My name is Narcissa Malfoy, and this is our son Draco" introduced the woman.
I didn't know what to make of her. She didn't seem evil like her son and her husband. But she didn't seem like a nice person either.

"Would you mind summoning your house elf for us?" She asked.
I raised my eyebrow, as I didn't realise they knew about Saffy. Lucius revelled in my discomfort.
I knew I didn't have a choice, so I summoned my dear friend.
"Saffy" I muttered.
It took a few awkward moments of silence, before she apparated beside me.
"Mistress Rosier, how may I serve you?" Saffy asked.
Despite knowing me for many years, she asks the same question, every time she apparates to me.
"Good. You will instruct your elf to get to work on the house chores, immediately" ordered Narcissa firmly.

"No!" I said defiently.
Lucius moved, as if he were going to step forward and hit me, but Narcissa rested her hand on his chest, stopping him in his tracks.
"Now now Lucius. I'm sure our guest didn't mean to be rude" she said.
"No, I didn't mean to rude. But Saffy is my house elf, not yours. And you can't order her around" I informed her.
Not wanting to push me on my first day, Narcissa decided to leave it at that.
"Fine. Your elf can do your chores. Wash your clothes, bring you your things etc. If that alright with you?"
"Yes. That's fine"
"Good. You can tell her to take your things up to your room. It's on the top floor, and it says the number 7, on the door"
"O.K. Go on Saffy".
Saffy bowed, before clicking her fingers and levitating my things. She then turned and ran up the staircase, while we watched.

"Now that I'm here. Would you mind giving me my wand back?" I asked.
Lucius grinned. "I'm afraid I will be holding onto your wand for the rest of summer. But don't worry, you can have it back when you go back to school.
You can't use it outside of Hogwarts anyway. And you wouldn't want to get in trouble with the Ministry again, would you?".
I bit my tongue, to stop myself yelling at him, and shook my head.
"Good. Now why don't you go and find your room. You will be notified when it is time for dinner" he continued.
I nodded, and began the long climb up the staircase, which seemed to go on forever.

Being without my wand was going to be hard, as I had had it by my side for weeks. It felt as if I were missing a limb, that's how attached I had gotten to it.
In the presence of his parents, Draco had been oddly quiet. He was no longer, the bold arrogant brat that he usually was at school.
He was clearly quite scared of his father, and seemed shocked that I would cross him.
But Lucius Malfoy didn't scare me.
When I got to my room, I could tell that despite its size, is was most likely the smallest one in the house. Saffy had already started unpacking my things, and had begun placing my clothes into the wardrobe.

I ran to my bed and unlocked the cage, letting my cat Star, out. She lept into my arms, and helped calm my nerves.
I watched Saffy put away my school books, and was so thankful that I had her.
While I was on the run, she went and fed Star everyday, and brought me food and drink. Without her, I would most certainly be dead by now.
Star meowed at me, as I had stopped stroking her, so I scratched her little black head, and kissed it gently.
"We've come to a strange place girl. But don't worry, it's all going to be O.K" I whispered to her.
Saffy stopped working and came over to me, placing her thin fingers, onto my hand.
"Be brave Miss" she encouraged.
"Thanks Saffy. We are all going to need courage, to survive in this place" I replied.