Epilogue

After everything I had endured, I never thought I would ever settle down and have a family. I assumed that my mental and physical scars, would stop me from having a normal life.
I was so certain I would marry Draco, and stay with him forever, but when it didn't happen, I was unsure what to do with my life.
Me and Draco stayed together for most of my final year at Hogwarts, and I stayed at the Malfoy Manor during the holidays. But nothing was the same as it had once been.
Every minute I spent in that Manor, brought back terrible memories. And I knew that I would never be able to put the past behind me, if I lived with Draco.
So, although I cared deeply for him, I had to give him up, to give us both the chance, of a new life. We would always be close, as we had shared so much together. But I just couldn't marry him, so I called off our engagement.

When I left Draco, I thought I would spend the rest of my life alone.
Until I met Brandon Mead. My future husband.
He was a Ravenclaw, but he had been in the year below me at school, which is why I never got to know him back then. But we met at a Potions conference one Summer, and ended up going out together.
So now, we have two beautiful children together, who we named after people that meant a lot to us.
I had my daughter first, she has wonderful long, brown hair, like her father. I'm glad that my children don't look like me, as I didn't want to pass down any Death Eater traits to them.

My daughters name is Bethan Ruby Mead. I named her after a girl from my orphanage; Bethany, who I watched get hit by a car, when I should have been looking after her.
Her middle name, Ruby, comes from Hagrid's first name, Rubeus. He saved my life after all, so I wanted to remember him.
My son is called Bellamy Drake Mead.
Brandon is muggle-born, and he went on the run, when Voldemort took contol of Hogwarts. Him and his Gryffindor friend, who was also a muggle-born, both went on the run together.
The Gryffindor boy gave his life, so that Brandon could live. Which is why we named our son after him.
Bellamy's middle name Drake, is after Draco. I wanted something that sounded similar to Draco, that wasn't identical. So we chose Drake.

Brandon knows about my past. I was hesitant to tell him the truth. But he'd seen the mark on my arm, so he knew I had been involved with the Death Eaters.
He didn't judge me, or leave me, when I told him what I had done. Apparently he loves me, no matter what.
Me and Draco have stayed friends, but since we both married different people, our relationship has changed.
I don't hate Astoria, even though I thought I would. As no one could ever be good enough for Draco. But she is very nice. And not a blood supremist, which is good, as I married a muggle-born.
I'm just glad that Draco didn't marry Pansy Parkinson, that would have really pissed me off.

I was worried that Brandon's family wouldn't like me, especially as only his parents knew about magic. And I didn't think I was a particually likeable person.
Especially since I grew up in an orphanage, which has since been burned down. Most people look down upon orphans, like we're scum.
But luckily Brandon had already told them that I was an amazing person, so his family loved me. And they are all very friendly.
Even though his parents knew about magic, we decided not to tell them about my Death Eater parents, and what the tattoo on my arm really meant.
We would tell the children about their grandparents when they were older. But Brandon's parents didn't need to know about all that.

Harry and me are as close as we have ever been, and our children play together all the time. My daughter, and his middle child, Albus are the same age, so will go to Hogwarts at the same time.
Draco's son Scorpius, and Luna's twin boys; Lorcan and Lysander, are also the same age, so they will all be at school together. Which will be fun.
I was thrilled when Harry told me Albus's middle name, as he chose to remember Severus Snape. My favourite teacher.
But this did mean that when my own son came along, I couldn't name him Severus. As Harry had got there first.

Me and Brandon live together in a lovely house, in a muggle neighbourhood, with a big garden.
I didn't want to live in the countryside, like Harry, as it reminded me too much, of Malfoy Manor.
The kids have many muggle friends, and they know that they aren't allowed to do magic in front on them. I also sent them to a muggle primary school, so that they can learn social interactions, instead of teaching them at home.

Me and Brandon work together, as we own a Potion's shop in Diagon Alley called Mead's Potion shop. I wanted to have his name in the title, not mine, as Rosier, in many people's eyes, is a Death Eater name.
I was glad when we married, and I was finally able to ditch that name. Leaving the Death Eater part of my life, behind.
Our shop does very well, and Brandon is a great Potions assisstant. We sell everything from hair growth potions, to Veritiserum.
Although certain potions are kept under lock and key, and can only be purchased in small amounts, like Amortentia.
And some potions can only be purchased, with a warrant from the Ministry, as they are too dangerous to be sold to the general public.

Harry is an Auror, so I often see him coming in, for certain potions, as he is still pretty useless at making them himself. So we always have a good chat, when he comes in.
I always tell him how I knew Ginny would marry him, when I first met her on the Hogwarts Express. She is very determined, and always gets what she wants. And in this case, what she wants, has always been Harry.
And despite the years, Harry Potter remains just as famous as he has always been. A living legend.